Forums Horror Collectibles
My Bloody Valentine 3D DVD or Blu-ray Anyone?

Hey everybody.

I'm kind of surprised that there aren't any My Bloody Valentine 3D DVD or Blu-ray reviews up yet.

I was curious how the 3D looked?

If it's anything like the last Friday the 13th Part 3 release, I'm going to pass on buying it.

Let me know your thoughts on it.

Thanks.
gummi Saturday 5/23/2009 at 09:02 PM | 46381
funny you posted this thread. i just watched it and its as good if not better than it was at the theater. i highly recommend this for anyone that has a blu ray player.

pamelavoorheesRIP Saturday 5/23/2009 at 10:45 PM | 46393
funny you posted this thread. i just watched it and its as good if not better than it was at the theater. i highly recommend this for anyone that has a blu ray player.So you're saying you thought the 3D effects were as good as the theater 3D?
gummi Saturday 5/23/2009 at 11:45 PM | 46400
i dont have blu ray but ill be buying the regular dvd (ya ya ya i know its a remake but i love 3d movies)
Johnny Bisco Sunday 5/24/2009 at 02:15 PM | 46453
i dont have blu ray but ill be buying the regular dvd (ya ya ya i know its a remake but i love 3d movies)

Great, let me know what you think.

This was one of the few remakes that I thought was as good as the original, but like the original it's not a movie that I'll watch over and over like some horror movies, so I don't want to waste the money unless the 3D is decent.

After the last Friday the 13th release, I'm jaded as far as buying 3D movies to watch at home.
gummi Sunday 5/24/2009 at 06:11 PM | 46483
funny you posted this thread. i just watched it and its as good if not better than it was at the theater. i highly recommend this for anyone that has a blu ray player.So you're saying you thought the 3D effects were as good as the theater 3D?

imo its better.

the blu ray that is.
pamelavoorheesRIP Sunday 5/24/2009 at 06:50 PM | 46499
well i got the regular dvd last night but havent had a chance to watch it as some other more important things came up like beer and a fire pit
Johnny Bisco Friday 5/29/2009 at 07:54 PM | 46981
best 3d effects on a home dvd EVER

it took a little bit to get used to the green and pink 3d format though im so used to red and cyan
Johnny Bisco Saturday 5/30/2009 at 02:17 AM | 47041
I have to agree with Mr. T on this one. I bought the standard DVD veron of this (I refuse to upgrade again...) and was AMAZED at the 3D quality. I didn't think this sort of quality was posble on home dvd. Definitely worth it if you liked the movie. Hell, even if you didn't... still worth checking out. ;)
Myers31TKD Saturday 5/30/2009 at 03:05 AM | 47046
Cool!

Three good reviews now.

I'm going to have to pick this up tomorrow.
gummi Saturday 5/30/2009 at 03:09 AM | 47048
oh ya i guess i should mention that as a remake i actually LIKED this movie a lot!

so i think that is 4 remakes that i like out of probably 200 lol
Johnny Bisco Saturday 5/30/2009 at 01:36 PM | 47074
Well, I finally bought the Blu-ray veron today, and I have to say you all were dead on the money.

Like Bisco said, this is without a doubt the finest home 3D release ever.

The 3D effects worked well from the opening Lions Gate intro up through the end credits with noticeable depth in every scene, not just the obvious ones . . . the obvious ones were terrific by the way.

I don't know if the quality difference from other anaglyph movies is entirely due to the pink and green glasses versus the red and blue, but whatever it is they should all be made like this until Real D becomes readily available at home.

Why couldn't they have made Friday the 13th 3D like this damn it!
gummi Sunday 5/31/2009 at 07:36 AM | 47140
I don't know if the quality difference from other anaglyph movies is entirely due to the pink and green glasses versus the red and blue, but whatever it is they should all be made like this until Real D becomes readily available at home.

Why couldn't they have made Friday the 13th 3D like this damn it i kept asking myself this all through the movie

the pink and green format threw me back for a bit but it worked so well (like you said not sure if thats the reason why it worked so well) all releases should come out like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Bisco Sunday 5/31/2009 at 10:44 AM | 47142
i gotta completely agree with you guys. I got the bluray of this release and watched it with the glasses. I was actually shocked that it looked really good and for the very first time, I did not get a masve headache from watching it. They really need to continue in this format until we get the real thing.

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Sunday 5/31/2009 at 02:05 PM | 47143
i had my girlfriend watch it with me and she was amazed at the quality as well

im still stoked how well it came outand as far as this being a remake i have to hand it to them they did a GREAT job on it and twisted the original story enough to keep me interested!

michale bay could learn a few things from this......................but he wont fuck him lol
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 6/03/2009 at 02:46 AM | 47354
I loved it in the theater and think the blu-ray is just as good if not better. It has Tom Atkins also so how do you go wrong. lol
cropsy Saturday 8/29/2009 at 02:06 AM | 53420