Forums Horror Collectibles
Behind the Mask: The Rise of Lelsie Vernon

SEE THIS MOVIE NOW
DaShape Friday 4/04/2008 at 05:58 PM | 7499
SEE THIS MOVIE NOW

LOL. I keep seeing it in stores, but haven't brought myself to purchase it yet. That good?
Myers31TKD Friday 4/04/2008 at 06:13 PM | 7504
Truthfully I didn't think it lived up to the hype. Before I saw it I had read so many revews on horror forums saying it was the best movie in years, etc and had very high hopes.

It was quite good, I enjoyed it, but if you go into it with high expectations you may be a bit let down.

Just my .02
lblambert Friday 4/04/2008 at 07:14 PM | 7508
Well, all I'm looking to get out of this is:

An ORIGINAL story, decent acting, a bit of blood, and most importantly... a few good scares! Actually, that's what I look for in any horror movie (+ suspense).
Myers31TKD Friday 4/04/2008 at 07:39 PM | 7509
Well, all I'm looking to get out of this is:

An ORIGINAL story, decent acting, a bit of blood, and most importantly... a few good scares! Actually, that's what I look for in any horror movie (+ suspense).

Well then you're in for a treat my friend LOL.

Still, Lee is probably right.

I had no expectation and only hear a little bit about it so when I saw it I was thrilled by it's originality and homage to the slasher flicks . . .HOWEVER, I can see how this would be a let down if it was built up too much.Patrick, post up a review in here once you see it.
DaShape Friday 4/04/2008 at 08:23 PM | 7511
Well then you're in for a treat my friend LOL.

I had no expectation and only hear a little bit about it so when I saw it I was thrilled by it's originality and homage to the slasher flicks . . .HOWEVER, I can see how this would be a let down if it was built up too much.Patrick, post up a review in here once you see it.

Sure thing.
Myers31TKD Friday 4/04/2008 at 10:03 PM | 7528

That happens once in a while

lblambert Friday 4/04/2008 at 10:06 PM | 7530
i for one thought the movie was freaking great and one of the most original horror movies ive seen in years. i love the documentary/reality tv vibe to it!
Johnny Bisco Sunday 4/13/2008 at 05:45 PM | 8336
i for one thought the movie was freaking great and one of the most original horror movies ive seen in years. i love the documentary/reality tv vibe to it

That's all I want man, a little originality. I still haven't seen it though. In your opinion, is it worth the 20 bucks that they're asking for it in stores or should I wait for it to hit the $5 bin (which I'm sure it will eventually)? Renting in not an option now that they've torn down my local blockbuster!!

Myers31TKD Sunday 4/13/2008 at 09:18 PM | 8368
i for one thought the movie was freaking great and one of the most original horror movies ive seen in years. i love the documentary/reality tv vibe to it

That's all I want man, a little originality. I still haven't seen it though. In your opinion, is it worth the 20 bucks that they're asking for it in stores or should I wait for it to hit the $5 bin (which I'm sure it will eventually)? Renting in not an option now that they've torn down my local blockbuster!!Put it this way, in the past 3 years I've sold off the majority of my DVD collection (probably close to a 1,000).

Anyways, My collection is really small now (I figure Blue-ray will take over soon then after that you'll just download everything).

STILL, I own Behind The Mask LOL.
DaShape Monday 4/14/2008 at 06:02 AM | 8437
Put it this way, in the past 3 years I've sold off the majority of my DVD collection (probably close to a 1,000).

Anyways, My collection is really small now (I figure Blue-ray will take over soon then after that you'll just download everything).

That's good enough for me. I haven't heard ANY negative things about it either, so it'll probably be one of the next things I pick up. That and a couple of CDs.
Myers31TKD Monday 4/14/2008 at 06:13 AM | 8444
Put it this way, in the past 3 years I've sold off the majority of my DVD collection (probably close to a 1,000).

That's good enough for me. I haven't heard ANY negative things about it either, so it'll probably be one of the next things I pick up. That and a couple of CDs. you wont be disappointed my man! worth every penny!
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 4/16/2008 at 12:18 AM | 8732
I just saw it...it was pretty fuckin awesome. LOL
kweandee Wednesday 5/21/2008 at 10:42 PM | 11904
I saw it today (it comes to rentals in Bral last friday, and never went to the theaters). I have to say that the most people who posted here said it was a good movie, scary, bloody... I didn't saw anything of this. I saw a stupid guy telling how he will become into a slasher legend, and I have to agreed: he shows some curioties that explains too much thing on horror movies. And finish. I don't think it has a great story. And I don't how in the hell Englund could make a movie like this. I'm completely disappointed with it. I wait for months to this, seeing you guys talking how fucking good it were, and then I spend 2 hours to see that crap? Where's the next great serial killer? Where's the incridible deaths, the freaking killer? The scene I liked a lot: he dies burned, and in the morgue he wake up. Maybe the sequels could make justice to it.

I give it 5,0
LÜCKMANN Thursday 2/05/2009 at 03:50 PM | 34571
So hate it...I'm so in love with this film BIG TIME

Nathan Baesel was mply incredible as the psycho killer Vernon himself, plus the film itself has influenced me to writting something on the same level called 'Mask Wearing Maniac- The Massacres of Derek Hayes'

lukeslashernut Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 06:46 PM | 35231
I love this movie like a diabetic loves insulin
chubacabra Wednesday 2/25/2009 at 03:28 AM | 37457
I loved this movie as well.

Of course, I tend to like movies that no one else does.

Snoballz Wednesday 2/25/2009 at 04:35 AM | 37468
What I did? Watch it again, now with more attentio to the speaks and scenes. Well, I'm not convinced that could be a great slasher movie, 'cos the story is too weak. Who knows if a sequel could make justice to it...
LÜCKMANN Friday 2/27/2009 at 01:59 PM | 37892
This movie is one of the best movies I've ever seen!
Michael Aspinwall Saturday 2/28/2009 at 05:24 PM | 38011