Forums Horror Collectibles
Can anyone answer this question for me? Lee where ya at bud?

OK... Frankenstien is the name of the Doctor/scientist who created the monster that we call Frankenstien... My question is, does the monster actually have a name??? Or was his Nameless with the title Frankenstien???

Hmmmm..... I have never seen the movie, but I think I seen parts of it... If I am not mistaken didn't he escape from the Drs. castle or whatever??? It's very faint in my mind as I was only about 5 or 6 when I recall seeing it. It was in deed black and white...

I remember his Big Black Boots and "I think" I remember smoke comming from his 2 kneck thingys... lol...

--Ryan
Harry Warden Monday 5/25/2009 at 05:56 AM | 46582
Dave
gummi Monday 5/25/2009 at 06:09 AM | 46584
The monster never had a name Ryan. It was always referred to as "Frankenstein's Monster" in the films however people offscreen have been referring to the monster as Frankenstein nce James Whale's movie came out. Speaking of names, what I really found odd was in the movie, Dr. Frankenstein's first name is Henry, while his best friend's name is Victor. In the original novel, the doctor's first name is Victor, while his best friend is Henry...go fig.

Do yourself a favor...go watch it.
lblambert Monday 5/25/2009 at 01:27 PM | 46588
The monster never had a name Ryan. It was always referred to as "Frankenstein's Monster" in the films however people offscreen have been referring to the monster as Frankenstein nce James Whale's movie came out. Speaking of names, what I really found odd was in the movie, Dr. Frankenstein's first name is Henry, while his best friend's name is Victor. In the original novel, the doctor's first name is Victor, while his best friend is Henry...go fig.

Do yourself a favor...go watch it.

Yea Lee, I kind of did a double take on that when I first watched the movie because I had read the book first but I didn't realize the switch of Henry and Victor. I was just wondering why his name was Henry and not Victor. I know the original movie isn't accurate to the book but sheesh!
DrenTheLiar Monday 5/25/2009 at 01:37 PM | 46589
James Whale's film is a clinic on film making. mply breath-taking.
ny ghoul Monday 5/25/2009 at 02:46 PM | 46596
There's sooooooo many movies on Frankenstien, it's hard for me to say where to start... LOL...

Lee you can be sure I'll be getting in touch with you soon. I think I am going to atempt watching some of these clascs. Hell, I loved Creature From The Black Lagoon, maybe I'll like these other ones...

On another note, any "Monster Squad" fans???

--Ryan
Harry Warden Tuesday 5/26/2009 at 09:40 PM | 46674
I dont know if it was ever answered in the other thread BUT.....

Did you ever watch the Alien movies?
Evildsm Tuesday 5/26/2009 at 09:51 PM | 46675
There's sooooooo many movies on Frankenstien, it's hard for me to say where to start...

With this set right here:

http://www.amazon.com/Frankenstein-Legacy-Collection-Bride-Ghost/dp/B0001CNRLQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1243389593&sr=8-1
lblambert Wednesday 5/27/2009 at 01:01 AM | 46703
i like the Hammer Frankensteins better (ya blesphemy i know) but i liked Cushings portrayals of Victor and i loved thoe gothic feel of all of them

yes they got schlocky towards the end of the run but nowhere near the schlockyness and messed up storylines of the universal series
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 5/27/2009 at 01:46 AM | 46713
Joel wanna do a top ten Frankenstein list?

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 5/27/2009 at 05:20 AM | 46730
Joel wanna do a top ten Frankenstein list?
lblambert Wednesday 5/27/2009 at 06:00 AM | 46736