Forums Off Topic
News Flash**News Flash**News, ahhh you get it :-)

This just broke from Rob Zombie's MySpace page. This is apperently the NECA veron sculpt for the new Rob Zombie Myers masks due out this Halloween.

A couple of things here. Isn't this supposed to have been the movie mold mask? Secondly, are they going to do a molded hair veron as well as a regular? Not really sure what to think about this, doesn't make a lot of sense to me when you have the freaking mold they used for the film....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 4/05/2008 at 12:13 AM | 7560
Ok Patrick . . .DETECTIVE THIS NOW LOL
DaShape Saturday 4/05/2008 at 12:25 AM | 7562
well a couple of quick things. The eyes are freaking huge, and they have been photoshopped to appear black if you think about it. The neck is super short in my opinion and are they doing a clean and rotted I guess?
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 4/05/2008 at 12:29 AM | 7564
in fact is that hair photoshapped too? That is the exact same pic as the bald one, look closely. This was posted on MM.net as well but now after looking really closely at this I am starting to think something is fishy. But why would Zombie's MySpace post it?
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 4/05/2008 at 12:32 AM | 7565
Think this is false?

Does look photoshopped
DaShape Saturday 4/05/2008 at 12:35 AM | 7566
well I am not sure. The eyes have to be photoshopped black, no? If you think about it...
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 4/05/2008 at 12:36 AM | 7567
DB did a H9 for DP. Was he doing one for NECA as well?? Not ung the original molds is a major mistake. NECA has been stringing people along all this time now, saying they were ung the original molds, and BAM!! Now this crap. I hope this isn't correct. Maybe these pictures are of something else coming out.

Keep your fingers crossed if you're looking to get one from NECA.
SithLord Saturday 4/05/2008 at 01:47 AM | 7572
I think this thing looks pretty damn close and I'm thinkin it is from the original mold. If you watch the extra features on the dvd, Toth says that he sculpted the clean mask first. He then molded the clean veron, poured an exact clay copy of that to create the rotted veron.

I'm thinking this is a clay copy from the original mold that was just cleaned up a bit. I'm sculpting my clean veron now and this thing is dead on to all of my reference pics.

I've also heard they are doing a limited higher end veron of the mask (bald one that will get real hair) and a mass produced cheap veron (sculpted hair saves a heck of alot of time and money).

I could be wrong though.
CartyParty Saturday 4/05/2008 at 04:04 AM | 7579
The two pics above are the same sculpt. It looks dead on to me. Te neck and eyes can be fixed but I wont judge it till its all done and painted. I talked to Tyler in person and I dont think people will be dissapointed. I dont think I can say anything but it isnt huge news.
quietonthesetstudios Saturday 4/05/2008 at 02:40 PM | 7588
Lets put it this way. I trust Wayne Tooth to deliver. I just see a couple of things that bother me but your right, its like predicting what a painting will look like before it is finished.

I am excited to see what the finished product will look like....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 4/05/2008 at 02:47 PM | 7591
This already kills everything else out there. I think this sculpt and the new post sculpt that beckstrom did are the best by far.
quietonthesetstudios Saturday 4/05/2008 at 04:02 PM | 7594
This already kills everything else out there. I think this sculpt and the new post sculpt that beckstrom did are the best by far. damn am i going to have to buy 4 mass produced masks this year????????
Johnny Bisco Saturday 4/05/2008 at 04:20 PM | 7596
in fact is that hair photoshapped too? That is the exact same pic as the bald one, look closely.

I don't believe that the two pics below are identical. I'm not sure if that's what you were saying, but judging by how much the chin sticks out, you can see that they are two separate pictures from two different angles.

I don't know about the photoshopped black eyes either. Looks to me like it's the black head that it was sculpted around. I think I can see some glare inde the left eye. THEN AGAIN, I'm not a sculptor or an expert on photoshop so... I can only assume. Just another opinion.
Myers31TKD Saturday 4/05/2008 at 06:30 PM | 7604
No, you are right about the chin Patrick.

They are two separate images.
DaShape Saturday 4/05/2008 at 06:34 PM | 7605
Its two separate pics. same bust and sculpt. I think the hair is sculpted then placed on. There seems to be a gap and if you notice the armature has the same flakes of clay on its chest and shoulder area. I think this is gonna turn out great. I will be selling off a few rz style masks when this comes out. I went to a local store and asked when the new don post 08 myers would come out and the girl looked at me like who the f is post and had no clue. I explained to her who don post was and pointed out a myers behind her. They asked if I wanted a job doing sales.....lol...
quietonthesetstudios Saturday 4/05/2008 at 07:25 PM | 7606
Its two separate pics. same bust and sculpt. I think the hair is sculpted then placed on. There seems to be a gap and if you notice the armature has the same flakes of clay on its chest and shoulder area. I think this is gonna turn out great. I will be selling off a few rz style masks when this comes out. I went to a local store and asked when the new don post 08 myers would come out and the girl looked at me like who the f is post and had no clue. I explained to her who don post was and pointed out a myers behind her. They asked if I wanted a job doing sales.....lol... thats pretty funny

the only places around here that sell those are halloween usa's starting in sept
Johnny Bisco Saturday 4/05/2008 at 08:09 PM | 7610