Forums Horror Movie Reviews
can't DRAG ME TO HELL fast enough

OH MY

In my theater tonight, this movie received a Cheering/yelling Standing ovation at the end . . . I'm not exaggerating one bit!!!

First off, I can't believe DRAG ME TO HELL had a midnight screening but I was lucky enough to catch the only one in our city.

It wasn't super packed but those who were there you could tell were die hard horror fans.

If one would EVER question if Raimi had lost his touch over the past decade with his Spidey detour, think again!

This film has his trademark gs and stamp all over it.

From spewing blood to talking animal heads to possessed people with crazy demon voices . . . it's there!

The way the title hits the screen is soooooo Raimi and I slouched back into my seat knowing exactly what I was going to get . . . greatness!

Maybe I'm hyping this up too much or maybe the stars and planets were just at the right alignment but never in my days have I been to a film with such audience participation.

We died laughing so many times and cheers at the end . . . I've never been to another Horror Film so well received in a theater.

I'd pay $30 per ticket for that kind of an experience and I only hope that when you go see this (and you BETTER!) that you have the same experience with DRAG ME TO HELL as I did.

Not that I don't like remakes but it was great to have something original (well, milar to THINNER but done a million times better).

Still, after 10 minutes 2 girls bailed and couldn't handle it and the crowd verbally mocked them as they left You pay $9.50 for a midnight showing and walk out because you can handle it . . . . Horror Friends, this is when a scary movie does it's job.

SPOILERS FROM THIS POINT ON . . . YOU ARE WARNED I'm not going to ruin too much because I'd rather you go see it but I'll talk about the highlights for myself.

Every ngle time that gypsy hag vomited on that chick I cracked a rib laughing so hard.

Even her old corpse is able to spew up embalming fluid on her HAHAHAH.

Still, as funny as it could be there was a very serious shot where the camera pans (from the protagonist chick's P.O.V.) to the back of her car and the Gypsy is tting in her back seat . . . bloody brilliant Sam!

Ted Raimi does have a cameo (see if you can spot him) but the kitten scene (you'll know what I'm talking about) had the theater in an uproar of laughter.

Also, the talking Goat . . . HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH that's all I'm going to say.

Still, it's the ending (which you could see coming from a mile away) that had the theater to it's feet.

So many parts of the film had just an evil dead vibe not too mention this chick takes a beating (Sam must have wanted to give the all mighty chinned one a break).

If you remotely call yourself a Horror Fan go and support this flick.

Plus, it's not a remake!

Screw you Fango and your horribly negative review . . . GO SEE IT!!!
DaShape Friday 5/29/2009 at 12:42 AM | 46926
Can't wait to see this old school looking horror flick! Im looking forward to your review bro. I probably won't be able to see it until next week.
ny ghoul Friday 5/29/2009 at 02:21 AM | 46928
i have a chubby right now...
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 5/29/2009 at 06:17 AM | 46954
HELL FUCKING YES! sounds like you had an old school blast bro.....1980's all over again. I can't wait!!!!!!
ny ghoul Friday 5/29/2009 at 12:56 PM | 46964
went and saw this earlier tonight and thought it was really good.
customcritters Saturday 5/30/2009 at 01:43 AM | 47037
Just returned from seeing this. Awesome, awesome movie and very Sam Raimi. The casting was great. Alison Lohman was beautiful and very good. Justin Long has done so well with not being a one track actor and I always enjoy watching him. The move was very comedic yet scary, just like Evil Dead. I actually jumped more than once at this movie, which I haven't done in a long long time so that should show how good it is. I think this movie proves two things: There are still good horror movies being made and it is posble for a pg-13 horror movie to be good.
DrenTheLiar Saturday 5/30/2009 at 06:23 PM | 47103
If being Drug to Hell is this much fun....GN ME UP!

Where do I began. If Sam Raimi were here right now I would give the guy a hug and tell him he actually had me scared. He really did. I was eagerly anticipating this film from the moment I heard about it but after watching the trailer I just wasn't that impressed. Guys your not going to find much bigger Raimi fans than Joel and I but we were both a bit skeptical based on the trailer alone. Everything we knew about Sam said that we shouldn't be worried but the trailer seemed like just another bland Japanese esq horror movie. It doesn't led you on to believe that its going to be any different than say the Unborn or The Ring. Something with shock value and cool cinematography but not much else. Had the Spider Man movies softened our once hard core horror director? Was Sam Raimi still Sam Raimi or had Hollywood jadded him? After watching Drag Me to Hell there is no doubt that Sam's not lost a step. Not even a little.

This is Sam f'ing Raimi doing what he loves to do! If Bruce Campbell were in this film it would be called Evil Dead 4. It really pays homage to the Evil Dead series way more than I expected and like any good horror nerd I geeked out every time I saw a reference.

From the talking animals and the cheesy one liners all the way down to references about the Evil Dead demons and ung the famous Oldsmobile Delta 88 that appears in all Raimi films most notably in the Evil Dead series. The movie starts off with a bang and keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole way through. It's over the top, it's funny in parts, it's a clasc Sam Raimi film! It's what I've been waiting for nce I first saw Evil Dead at a sleepover when I was a youngster. During the seance scene while waiting for the main evil entity to show up we see the Evil Dead demons make their presence known by laughter and all hell breaking loose. The women tells them not to worry, it isn't the spirit their seeking but an older spirit from long ago.

Yeah from Evil Dead.

Just clasc moments. And the ending is as gutsy as you would figure from Mr. Raimi. It is the proverbial cherry on top of the cake...

Sam hasn't lost his touch and this is a shot in the arm to the rest of the film makers out there. This is what horror is all about! We don't have to see gore (Saw movies) we don't have to see remakes (insert your favorite movie here) we can still see a good old fashioned American, yes American horror films! I wanted to love this movie, I'll be honest. Joel had me so damn pumped to see it I nearly camped out in front of the theater last night after work. Usually when that happens I'm a bit let down. Nothing can live up to this hype I was telling myself. I'm more than happy to say I was wrong.

If your reading this the chances are you love horror as much as the rest of us. If you do you really have to see this film. You won't be disappointed!

Now can someone Drag me to Hell again, PLEASE?
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 5/31/2009 at 02:09 AM | 47130
i did not care for it pretty much what I would expect from a pg-13 horror movie

the fisting of the throat and then the eyeballs popping out was the only thing i really liked. If I was 13 I might like it but this really isnt my kinda movie anyways...bedes form the fact that its "horror"

I'm waiting for something mind blowing to come out and not just some remade crap or some kiddie movie to grab me by the balls so my reply to all these movies reviews wont be "I did not like it" or "Shit sucked".

I cant really even think of any other horror movies I'm amped or was amped to see this year besdies mbv3d and friday remake
DWN Productions Tuesday 6/02/2009 at 04:42 PM | 47283
If I was 13 I might like it

Low blow
DaShape Wednesday 6/03/2009 at 12:21 AM | 47331
If I was 13 I might like it

Low blow

LOL!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 6/03/2009 at 12:36 AM | 47333
Telling it like it is is a low blow? Come on now.

But I LOVE the feast movie so you can see where my head is at, like I said wasent really my thing.
DWN Productions Wednesday 6/03/2009 at 12:52 AM | 47336
"MARTRYS"
SithLord Wednesday 6/03/2009 at 12:59 AM | 47339
the problem I have with that movie is the same problem everyone else the first half was cool the second half was 2 guys fuckin 3 guys
DWN Productions Wednesday 6/03/2009 at 01:25 AM | 47345
Well I just got back from seeing this. Sam Raimi is still the man! I just like his style. I thought Drag Me To Hell was very entertaining. I went with 3 other people, and we all seemed to enjoy it except for one person. 3/4 aint bad. I guess for some people, it's just not their cup of tea. It was mine though, and I want more!
Myers31TKD Wednesday 6/03/2009 at 01:32 AM | 47346
Telling it like it is is a low blow? Come on now.

But I LOVE the feast movie so you can see where my head is at, like I said wasent really my thing.

No worries, I was just ragging you on the wording of it.

DaShape Wednesday 6/03/2009 at 03:55 AM | 47356