Forums Horror Collectibles
NEW REPLICA, OR SOMETHING ELSE??

href="http://www.michael-myers.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48388&d=51c171704a50e90e4fb18357d0a45622">http://www.michael-myers.net/phpBB/view ... 57d0a45622

In the above link, you'll find photo's of what appears by some, to be a recast of a DB2 mask. The maker has said it was made from an actual Kirk, but if you look closely, you'll see tell tale gns that are NOT on an actual Kirk, but the DB2 Kirk replica.

DB has been notified of this.
SithLord Wednesday 6/03/2009 at 07:18 AM | 47362
Well the milarities are very interesting as some have pointed out. If Bry were lying though...then J and J would have to be involved which then would make the whole thing a bizarre conspiracy. Now people can sometimes do very weird things when it comes to $$$ but this would be over the top.

Did Bry mention if he clay pressed the mask or sculpted with the Kirk as reference?

Until more comes out though I think Bry should be taken for his word. He's a talented guy who as far as I know doesn't have a reputation anywhere of being a con or bad buness man.
ny ghoul Wednesday 6/03/2009 at 02:36 PM | 47367
Ya, i would hold off on pasng judgement. . Bry has always been cool people. . i believe he only sculpts his masks. . i could be wrong. . it has that look that is unmistakably Bry's. . kinda flat in the face-ish. .

I know John and Jenny are in on it. . they commented on pg 3. .

id like to see a proto and confirmation from Bry first. .

A
DEUSEXMACHINA222 Wednesday 6/03/2009 at 09:26 PM | 47398
I highly doubt Bry is a recaster.
DrenTheLiar Wednesday 6/03/2009 at 09:57 PM | 47400
I find it pretty shameful that you decide to call out a very well respected mask maker on a public forum with absolutely no bas or proof.

It has been established that John & Jenny own a Kirk, and now it is obvious that they have loaned it to Bry for the creation of this mask.

Bry has put a ton of pason into this project, and now someone has to let an accusation of a recast fly without a shred of merit.

Brutal.
Billy Pilgrim Wednesday 6/03/2009 at 11:03 PM | 47406
i have to agree with everyone here. calling someone out because you think a picture looks close to another mask is just plain childish. no offense thlord but that just doesnt make sense.
oldskool Wednesday 6/03/2009 at 11:07 PM | 47407
this doesnt look like a db to me at all. it looks like a recasted kirk which has been done to death but this looks like a great copy and id love to own it.

here is the comparison picture with the db and this new mask. it just doesnt match up at all.

BIGKen Wednesday 6/03/2009 at 11:21 PM | 47410
i gotta say this is whats wrong with the whole myers mask garbage. its a fun hobby but the constant name calling and questioning someones motives with no proof just kills me. i mean look at the comparon pic which you think you would have looked at first. it looks nothing like the db. i just dont get the constant need for drama that some people try to cause. get over it.
pamelavoorheesRIP Wednesday 6/03/2009 at 11:35 PM | 47412
Actually, I was told by others that this was a recasted DB. It's either a clay press of a Kirk, or a recasted DB2. No if, ands, or buts about it.
SithLord Wednesday 6/03/2009 at 11:36 PM | 47413
Actually, I was told by others that this was a recasted DB. It's either a clay press of a Kirk, or a recasted DB2. No if, ands, or buts about it.

well it is obvious what it is. its a clay press of the real kirk mask owned by that couple. nothing more, nothing less. whats the big damn deal. its obviously not a db if you have a set of eyes. so its another clay press. like someone already stated there have been a ton of other clay pressed kirks. i just dont get your agenda thlord.
pamelavoorheesRIP Wednesday 6/03/2009 at 11:39 PM | 47414
There is no agenda. Some people see it as a DB recast.

SithLord Wednesday 6/03/2009 at 11:43 PM | 47416
nice thread Chris!
JediKnight Thursday 6/04/2009 at 12:59 AM | 47429