Forums Horror Collectibles
SSN Durand Reworked (Pic Heavy)

Hey folks,

I haven't had any new scores for quite a while until I picked up an SSN Durand recently. Here the story behind it for those who care ... From the beginning I didn't intend to keep it the way it was. I wanted this great cast to unleash its full potential, so I contacted the guys I thought could deliver me the best H20 finishing work I could imagine. So the first one to lay hands on it was Tom Smith from Smith's Grove Sanitarium. In my opinion he does the best H20 paintjobs out there so I had him rip off the hair and repaint this mask. After that it went to Scott from Quiet on the Set Studios for a rehair with real human hair. Finally it went back to Tom Smith for the hairline overspray and after he was finished, sent it back to me. I recieved the mask today and all I can say is WOW. It doesn't even look like the same mask anymore. The paintjob is beautifully done and gives it a really authentic feel. Also the hairjob is magnificent, I've never seen someone a mask haired with that many rows before.

At this point I want to thank both Tom and Scott for the incredible job they did on this awesome SSN mask. I can highly recommend both of these guys, they have been a pleasure doing buness with, they permanently kept me updated, top customer service there. And now enough with the talk, I snapped some quick pics of it after I briefly styled up the hair. I hope you'll enjoy this folks, again many thanks to Tom and Scott, you rule gentlemen!

Next to my SG H20
Achilles Friday 6/05/2009 at 09:17 PM | 47555
Looks great, man!

Im jelous... I want my H20 rehaired.

Soon, I hope...
Evildsm Friday 6/05/2009 at 09:46 PM | 47558
thats just plain dead on. i gotta pick one of these up if i ever get my refund from cgp.

oldskool Friday 6/05/2009 at 10:04 PM | 47559
Spray some gel into the hair and hit it with a blow dryer then lock that in with some spray. That is how you will get the nice fanned out look. Let me know if you need some tips if you have trouble.
quietonthesetstudios Saturday 6/06/2009 at 12:39 AM | 47570
Thanks alot for the comments, it is highly appreciated

Cheers Scott, I will style it up properly tomorrow. Just did some quick out of the box pics. I will take some better pics soon, I will put in the eye inserts and see how it looks.

Thanks again!
Achilles Saturday 6/06/2009 at 04:32 PM | 47611
I remember a member who once owned a screen used H20 and the color actually looks like that

Congrats
kaizu Saturday 6/06/2009 at 04:43 PM | 47612
WOWvery cool bro!
ny ghoul Sunday 6/07/2009 at 02:41 AM | 47648
Looks good!
Michael Aspinwall Sunday 6/07/2009 at 06:08 AM | 47671
wow INCREDIBLE!!Hey Kaizu. . i think you are thinking of Jondano's old copy which is now in the hands of another member. . Its still in the community.
DEUSEXMACHINA222 Sunday 6/07/2009 at 02:45 PM | 47697