Forums Horror Movie Talk
First Nightmare on Elm Street Death Revealed

From horroryearbook:

It seems that Platinum Dunes is not happy about all the A Nightmare on Elm Street photos and news being leaked from the set, but somehow Fangoria still managed to get another “spoiler-filled set report” that reveals a little more about the first death in the film.

You may remember Nightmareonelmstreetmovie.com’s script review revealed that Kellan Lutz’s character Dean is the obligatory, “quick death before credits to get the audience interested,” and the Fangoria set report seems to confirm this:

“The scene being shot involved a party that happens near the beginning of the film. Kellan Lutz falls asleep at the party, and the chaos begins. Much of what was shot involved the ‘real-world’ death of his character, seen from his friends’ perspective,” a source tells Fango. “Later he was strung up on a pole and is just completely butchered.”

They also said another source said that Jackie Earle Haley’s Freddy makeup is “astonishing,”

I still am very skeptical about this remake, we will see.

DaShape Saturday 6/06/2009 at 02:36 PM | 47604
I still am very skeptical about this remake, we will see.Me too...

kweandee Saturday 6/06/2009 at 10:10 PM | 47623
the first death is going to be the death of this franchise
Johnny Bisco Sunday 6/07/2009 at 02:16 AM | 47644
the first death is going to be the death of this franchise

i have to agree.

oldskool Sunday 6/07/2009 at 07:07 PM | 47743
I would agree with you guys if the franchise was alive and well. My own opinion (and it's nothing more than that) is the series completely went to shit after the second installment so the remake can't make things any worse. I'm actually quite interested to see a different approach to Freddy that might try to actually make him scary again.
lblambert Sunday 6/07/2009 at 10:50 PM | 47767
I heard a year or 2 ago that the remake was supposed to be creepy and clear of gimmicks. Lets see what happens. I still have high hopes that one way or another someone who cares will protect this franchise. let's see..
Wigglethis Monday 6/08/2009 at 04:17 PM | 47841
A year ago I said it couldn't be done without Englund. I said I would go into it with an open mind. I really wonder how they are gonna pull it off and I hope they can. I think Lee was onto something saying that some of the films were bombs anyways so hopefully they can rekindle that spark they had in the beginning.
quietonthesetstudios Saturday 6/13/2009 at 02:09 PM | 48264