Forums Horror Collectibles
The Living Dead: Zombie Anthology...

Hey guys,

I recently picked up a new book titled The Living Dead.

This is a masve anthology of short stories all centering around Romero-style zombies. I have read the first 7 or 8 stories so far and every ngle one has completely kept my attention and really impressed me with their ideas. Some of the authors in the anthology are Clive Barker, Neil Gaiman, Stephen King, David J. Schow, Poppy Z. Brite and many, many more.

I am telling you, if you are a fan of zombie fiction, or just horror fiction in general, you owe it to yourself to get this anthology. It was only 15.95 on top of all of that.

Here is a quick run down of the type of stuff I have read so far.

This Year's Class Picture - a elementary school teacher who still teaches her class everyday, even after the "tribulation" happened. So what if the school is now surrounded by a moat filled with gasoline, razor wire, and the fact that all her students have to be chained to the ground....she is gonna get her class picture...she is gonna keep up the tradition...no matter what...

Death and Suffrage - if you are a fan of MOH Homecoming, then this is the read for you. Joe Dante's episode in the Masters of Horror series is based on this short story.

Ghost Dance -Custer's last stand at Little Big Horn....Zombie style...

Blossom -there really isn't an easy way to describe this one. If you are a fan of Schow's Fangoria articles and splatter punk style, then you will love this one.

The Third Dead Body -A Hooker...A John picks up Hooker....John kills Hooker....Hooker comes back looking for John....nuff said...

guys, these are just the first stories I have read. Again, if you are a fan....please pick this up and support these authors. Remember, we are constantly complaining about how we are ck and tired of remakes and want something original. Where do you think Hollywood get their ideas for original horror from????????

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Tuesday 6/09/2009 at 04:07 AM | 47923
Tommy thanks for the recommendation! I actually had this book in my hand and at the last second put it back. Im going to check it out for sure! and you're right on about where hollywood can get new horror!
ny ghoul Tuesday 6/09/2009 at 04:10 AM | 47924
Wow, this looks right up my alley. I'll definitely have to check it out. Thanks for sharing Tommy.
Myers31TKD Tuesday 6/09/2009 at 04:25 AM | 47926
I think I saw this book in like a grocery store (no lie) and almost picked it up because I was amazed something like that would be in a grocery store.
DrenTheLiar Tuesday 6/09/2009 at 09:19 AM | 47935
I think I saw this book in like a grocery store (no lie) and almost picked it up because I was amazed something like that would be in a grocery store.

LOL a grocery store??? Yea would of never expected that one either...

I'll definately be checking it out too...love zombies...lol
kweandee Tuesday 6/09/2009 at 02:11 PM | 47940
I bought this on Tommy's recommendation
lblambert Thursday 6/11/2009 at 03:08 AM | 48119
let me know what you think Lee...

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Thursday 6/11/2009 at 03:27 AM | 48121