Forums Horror Collectibles
friday the 13th killer cut dvd

well captain completionist here bought it yesterday and watched the movie for the first time and..........................................what a freaking atrocity!

Jason was SWEET, the kills were cool, the acting was sub par even for a f-13 movie and the story was absolutely contrived and made zero sense.

Pamela in the movie for a mere 2 minutes worth of credits? good lord they could have did at least 15 to 25 mins worth of backstory and cut down on the stupid high ons (who i wanted to die especially the chick with the bad boob job) and lose some of the stupid jason is a pot farmer/guardian story

Jason just happens to find a goalie mask at a summer camp area after watching some dumb perv lick a hustler magazine and try to make it with a mannequin???????

this is why most remakes get bad names, because most of them suck like this one bacally does, good lord i liked RZs Halloween better than this and that isnt saying much

everything that my bloody valentine 3d did SO RIGHT was done so wrong here

2 very generous stars out of 5 (and only because Mears was cool as hell)
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 6/17/2009 at 09:30 PM | 48659
I feel the exact oppote.

I think they did a great job with it.

My Bloody Valentine was kind of a let down for me.
Evildsm Friday 6/19/2009 at 03:35 PM | 48775
another thing i thought id mention, im recutting this movie with the different jason gets the mask scene because the one they used is LAME!!! and im going to cut down on the lame ass dialogue
Johnny Bisco Friday 6/19/2009 at 10:51 PM | 48832
I saw it with a buddy at the movies and was ok about it. My brother saw it and thought it sucked. I watched it again and realized that I must sometimes try and FORCE myself to like shit just because SO many movies let me down. Upon watching it again I pretty much agree with Bisco. Jason was cool and some kills were nice but the acting pretty much blew...the characters were dopey; jason setting traps and running flood lights etc? ugh.
ny ghoul Saturday 6/20/2009 at 12:46 AM | 48853
Wow, they changed quite a bit from the theatrical cut. But I still enjoyed it just as much!
DrenTheLiar Saturday 6/20/2009 at 02:20 AM | 48871
Dren Im shocked you actually liked this film. I thought it was inferior to pretty much all the big remakes.
ny ghoul Saturday 6/20/2009 at 03:46 AM | 48880
Dren Im shocked you actually liked this film. I thought it was inferior to pretty much all the big remakes.

Why shocked? I said I liked it when it was in theaters. At least Nispel knows how to remake a film.
DrenTheLiar Saturday 6/20/2009 at 02:58 PM | 48892

Why shocked? I said I liked it when it was in theaters. At least Nispel knows how to remake a film.

TCM ok....F13? eh. Film against film RZ's Halloween was better than the F13 flick.
ny ghoul Sunday 6/21/2009 at 05:25 AM | 48953

TCM ok....F13? eh. Film against film RZ's Halloween was better than the F13 flick.

To each his own. But can you really deny that Halloween wasn't practically a carbon copy of the original while Friday the 13 was something entirely new?
DrenTheLiar Sunday 6/21/2009 at 11:40 PM | 48981

To each his own. But can you really deny that Halloween wasn't practically a carbon copy of the original while Friday the 13 was something entirely new?

Hrm....well the first half of RZ's Halloween was his own and then on it was pretty much a copy (although I dont see how he could have avoided it without nixing major integral parts ie Laurie) F13 while it did have a new way Jason got his mask and a new bunch of dorks to get killed....it pretty much was a super condensed veron of 1-4.
ny ghoul Monday 6/22/2009 at 10:49 PM | 49038

Hrm....well the first half of RZ's Halloween was his own and then on it was pretty much a copy (although I dont see how he could have avoided it without nixing major integral parts ie Laurie) F13 while it did have a new way Jason got his mask and a new bunch of dorks to get killed....it pretty much was a super condensed veron of 1-4.

I agree with your summation of each Evan, though I have to disagree that RZ's

Halloween was a better flick.

I conder you a friend and respect your opinion, however I know you and I disagree on this point but personally I don't think RZ's movies even count as horror...they don't scare me, they don't shock me, they don't make me think...they just make me feel the need to take a shower afterwards. They seem little more than his attempt to fit as many grotesque images as he can posbly fit into his film's run time with no attention paid to such things as story or character development. F13 was another generic, mindless slasher flick made to generate a quick buck but at least I didn't sense the filmmakers were taking a storied franchise of my youth and blatantly ung it as an opportunity to say "fuck you" to the studios.

Again, that's just my opinion...no more right or wrong than anyone else's.
lblambert Tuesday 6/23/2009 at 11:25 PM | 49073
I hear you bro and you're not the only one who feels that way about Rob. I dont know...I guess his style and content appealed to me the same way some of the more dirty and insane films like LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT or I DRINK YOUR BLOOD did. I like the "dirty" feeling like you need a shower after watching it...or you expect to get up from your movie seat and find a maggot under you.

I agree that Rob goes for the extremes and violence over characters at times but I think with "House..." and "Rejects" Rob did create a good franchise/family/mythos whatever you want to call it with the Firefly family. They were the first films to do so nce TCM; Halloween; F13. Will Captain Spaulding or Otis stand the test of time? we'll see.
ny ghoul Wednesday 6/24/2009 at 02:01 AM | 49084
The new Friday was more like "The Best of Jason" kind of movie. Nothing new. More like a digest of what Friday is about for new fans.

RZ Halloween is more disturbing than scary in my opinion. Of course, disturbing can mean scary to others. Its either a movie some will either love or hate.
kaizu Friday 6/26/2009 at 02:47 PM | 49278
I personally liked this but did not find it to be better then TCM especially. I would call it a tie with Halloween even though i know others will disagree but it just didn't give me the same feel TCM did. I didn't think it was a bad idea at all especially with them combining so many films into one. The acting certainly was not top notch but I am also one who loves b-movies so how can I say much bad stuff about the acting. lol The kills were cool and I didn't have a problem with jason running lights and traps but I also feel he did in the first franchise series but in a different way.
cropsy Sunday 8/30/2009 at 01:27 AM | 53519
Anybody know when they'll release a beefier veron with behind the scenes or even better yet... Anybody know a good copy of Freddy vs. Jason without 10 minutes of misng footage from the Rave massacre?
ironblade87 Saturday 12/26/2009 at 11:54 AM | 59529