Forums Horror Movie Talk
Neve Campbell Turns Down Scream 4

Don’t expect series star Neve Campbell to return as dney Prescott in Scream 4. Series screenwriter Kevin Williamson, who is developing the script for the first part of a new trilogy, has revealed on twitter that Campbell has turned down an offer to return in the next installment.Trying to figure out a d-less scenario. She won’t do it. This sucks

It had been previously reported that Courtney Cox Arquette and David Arquette were in talks to reprise their roles as Gale Weathers and Dwight “Dewey” Riley in the sequel. When Wes Craven was recently asked about the project, he said that Bob Weinstein wants him to direct the film, but he wants to wait and see the screenplay before he decides.

Craven also said that everyone other than Cox and Arquette would be new characters, which leads me to believe that the Campbell’s role would be not much more than a cameo. But Williamson’s statement that he’s “trying to figure out a d-less scenario” leads me to beleive that the part was something bigger. Maybe the big real was that dney Prescott was the killer. That would be shocking, but stupid. I really think the best way about going about a new Scream film is to reboot the series
DaShape Friday 6/19/2009 at 06:38 PM | 48798
I think the best way to do it is very mple...................DON"T...........
Homicidal9 Friday 6/19/2009 at 06:40 PM | 48799

I'm going to have to agree with you Tommy, I loved the first one but didn't care for either sequels.

The world doesn't need more Scream . . . it worked well for it's time but Scream almost spawned a whole sub-genre of Horror called "Your best friend or somebody you know is the killer".

I'm tired of those movies.
DaShape Friday 6/19/2009 at 06:59 PM | 48801
I don't think we need another SCREAM either but nce it IS going to happen? I'd love for them to abandon the comedic and MTV feel to the film and go real nister. Craven used to make some brutal films...if he does indeed direct it Im sure he can tweak it into a real fright fest. Make it more like a serial killer film or like maybe how Halloween could have stayed.

As for Neve Campbell....well cameo of full role she should have taken it so she could at least revamp herself for convention appearances. Her career hasn't exactly been fruitful as of late.
ny ghoul Friday 6/19/2009 at 07:59 PM | 48811
I don't think we need another SCREAM either but nce it IS going to happen? I'd love for them to abandon the comedic and MTV feel to the film and go real nister. Craven used to make some brutal films...if he does indeed direct it Im sure he can tweak it into a real fright fest. Make it more like a serial killer film or like maybe how Halloween could have stayed.

As for Neve Campbell....well cameo of full role she should have taken it so she could at least revamp herself for convention appearances. Her career hasn't exactly been fruitful as of late.

i think your right, even though we dont need another if they do they should loose the goofy feel.
BIGKen Friday 6/19/2009 at 08:50 PM | 48815
yawn....................... im sorry man but scream 2 and 3 sucked the big ones to me and i could do without another one
Johnny Bisco Friday 6/19/2009 at 08:51 PM | 48818
yawn....................... im sorry man but scream 2 and 3 sucked the big ones to me and i could do without another one

agreed!

oldskool Friday 6/19/2009 at 09:11 PM | 48822
I really enjoyed the original...it was the right movie at the right time. The sequels were little more than generic slasher cash-grabs.

I'm not going to bitch and moan about them remaking it or doing another sequel...I just won't watch it when it comes out.
lblambert Friday 6/19/2009 at 11:49 PM | 48837
I'm not going to bitch and moan about them remaking it or doing another sequel...I just won't watch it when it comes out.

LOL...there you go save all the drama

kweandee Saturday 6/20/2009 at 02:02 AM | 48863
No more Scream movies, please. I hated the sequels. I can't imagine Scream 4 being any better.
St. Pete Slasher Saturday 6/20/2009 at 02:04 AM | 48864

Tommy took the words out of my mouth. Why don't they do something different and actually leave something alone?
DrenTheLiar Saturday 6/20/2009 at 03:16 AM | 48875

Tommy took the words out of my mouth. Why don't they do something different and actually leave something alone? ask your heroes rob zombie and michael bay lol
Johnny Bisco Saturday 6/20/2009 at 03:32 AM | 48877

Tommy took the words out of my mouth. Why don't they do something different and actually leave something alone? ask your heroes rob zombie and michael bay lol

Rob? I hate the Halloween remake...
DrenTheLiar Saturday 6/20/2009 at 02:56 PM | 48891
apparently my sarcasm didnt come through in that last post Dren

Johnny Bisco Saturday 6/20/2009 at 07:13 PM | 48907
apparently my sarcasm didnt come through in that last post DrenLol, do this next time
DrenTheLiar Saturday 6/20/2009 at 11:41 PM | 48918
I think the best to do(I don't think they should do a new one but...) is to have totally new characters completely unrelated to the original series.

I love the characters too much to see any of them reduced to a "cameo" which we all know means "Teaser Kill".
Michael Aspinwall Monday 6/22/2009 at 03:05 AM | 48999