Forums Off Topic
Which is better? The Original or the Remake?

WHICH IS BETTER?

ORIGINAL OR REMAKE?

So I wanted to do this as a poll but there are too many.

So here's how this works.

Copy and Paste the list below into your response to this post.

BOLD the movie you think is better, rather the word "original" or the word "remake".

Remember, if you haven't seen both movies then be fair and leave that one blank.

There are many I didn't mention, I was just trying to get a large group.

Feel free to add more to your own lists I'll leave my list below blank so everybody can use it as a template.

WHEN A STRANGER CALLSOriginal / Remake DARK WATEROriginal / Remake THE FOG Original / Remake HALLOWEEN Original / Remake TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACREOriginal / Remake THE RING Original / Remake THE RING 2Original / Remake THE GRUDGEOriginal / Remake THE GRUDGE 2Original / Remake PULSE Original / Remake THE WICKER MANOriginal / Remake ONE MISSED CALL Original / Remake PROM NIGHT Original / Remake STERS

Original / Remake THIR13N GHOSTS Original / Remake BLACK CHRISTMAS Original / Remake THE HITCHEROriginal / Remake THE OMENOriginal / Remake PSYCHO

Original / Remake VILLAGE OF THE DAMNEDOriginal / Remake THE HILLS HAVE EYES Original / Remake THE THING Original / Remake HOUSE OF WAX Original / Remake THE FLY

Original / Remake DAWN OF THE DEADOriginal / Remake NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD Original / Remake AMITYVILLE HORROR
Original / Remake THE HAUNTINGOriginal / Remake
DaShape Monday 4/28/2008 at 08:19 AM | 10032
ill have fun with this when i get home from work
Johnny Bisco Monday 4/28/2008 at 10:00 AM | 10033
WHEN A STRANGER CALLS Original / Remake original by a country mile the remake sucked more than paris hilton in a home movie

DARK WATER Original / Remake to be honest i havent seen either

THE FOG Original / Remake the remake blew chunks which is really bad if thats your dogs name!

HALLOWEEN Original / Remake does this even need to be asked here?

TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE Original / Remake original by far even though the "remake" was better than it deserved to be

THE RING Original / Remake Ringu

byt far the american remakes cant hold a candle to the originals

THE RING 2 Original / Remake Ringu 2the ring 2 wasnt even a remake it just sucked more balls than jenna jameson

THE GRUDGE Original / Remake JU-ON was much superior though i do give some credit to the grudge because it was directed by the same guy

THE GRUDGE 2 Original / Remake JU-ON2 good Grudge 2 BAD!

so bad i never even finished it

PULSE Original / Remake Original

the only saving grace of the remake is that chick from veronica mars is cute

THE WICKER MAN Original / Remake havent seen either to be honest but im sure the original is betterONE MISSED CALL Original / Remake can we please stop with inferior american remakes of J horror??????????????????????????????????????????

PROM NIGHT Original / Remake i havent seen the remake nor will i ever

STERS Original / Remake havent seen either that i know of

THIR13N GHOSTS Original / Remake both movies were meh...........

BLACK CHRISTMAS Original / Remake id rather watch my grandma and grandpa have sex than EVER see the remake again

THE HITCHER Original / Remake havent seen the remake but the original fucking owns!!!

THE OMEN Original / Remake why did we need a remake of this???????????

PSYCHO Original / Remake im STILL pissed of at watching the remake!!!!! note to hollywoodshot for shot remakes are the WORST idea ever!!! id rather cram my rectum full of m-80s and squat over a flaming hibachi than even see a poster or dvd cover of the remake arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED Original / Remake couldnt tell youTHE HILLS HAVE EYES Original / Remake original for sure but the remake wasnt too shabby IMOTHE THING Original / Remake oh the remake for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i LOVE THAT SHITHOUSE OF WAX Original / Remake the remake sucks

more than paris hilton in a home movie

oh wait she is in this piece of shit isnt she.......................

THE FLY Original / Remake as much as i love vincent price the remake is just miles ahead of the original and i will always rate it higher

now that sequel.............BARFDAWN OF THE DEAD Original / Remake original by far but i did like the remakei never fast fowarded once through itNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD Original / Remake originalthe 2 or 3 remakes sucked assand oh ya ted turner...... dont you EVER try to colorize a movie again you freaking hick turd!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMITYVILLE HORROR Original / Remake remake=corn in my shitTHE HAUNTING Original / Remake

flip a coin i dindt like either
Johnny Bisco Monday 4/28/2008 at 10:43 PM | 10078
WHEN A STRANGER CALLSOriginal / Remake DARK WATEROriginal / Remake -I've never seen it THE FOG Original / Remake -only seen original HALLOWEEN Original / Remake TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACREOriginal / Remake THE RING Original / Remake -I've only seen Remake THE RING 2Original / Remake -I've never seen it THE GRUDGEOriginal / Remake -I've only seen Remake THE GRUDGE 2Original / Remake -I've never seen it PULSE Original / Remake -I've never seen it THE WICKER MANOriginal / Remake ONE MISSED CALL Original / Remake -I've never seen it PROM NIGHT Original / Remake -I've only seen Original STERS

Original / Remake -I've never seen it THIR13N GHOSTS Original / Remake

BLACK CHRISTMAS Original / Remake -I've only seen Original THE HITCHEROriginal / Remake -I've only seen Original THE OMENOriginal / Remake PSYCHO

Original / Remake VILLAGE OF THE DAMNEDOriginal / Remake

-I've only seen Remake THE HILLS HAVE EYES Original / Remake -undecided THE THING Original / Remake HOUSE OF WAX Original / Remake THE FLY

Original / Remake -undecided DAWN OF THE DEADOriginal / Remake NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD Original / Remake AMITYVILLE HORROR
Original / Remake -I've only seen Original THE HAUNTINGOriginal / Remake

Damn... looks like I've gotta start watching more remakes.

Myers31TKD Monday 4/28/2008 at 10:59 PM | 10083
WHEN A STRANGER CALLSOriginal / Remake DARK WATEROriginal / Remake -I've never seen it THE FOG Original / Remake -only seen original HALLOWEEN Original / Remake TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACREOriginal / Remake THE RING Original / Remake -I've only seen Remake THE RING 2Original / Remake -I've never seen it THE GRUDGEOriginal / Remake -I've only seen Remake THE GRUDGE 2Original / Remake -I've never seen it PULSE Original / Remake -I've never seen it THE WICKER MANOriginal / Remake ONE MISSED CALL Original / Remake -I've never seen it PROM NIGHT Original / Remake -I've only seen Original STERS

Original / Remake -I've never seen it THIR13N GHOSTS Original / Remake

BLACK CHRISTMAS Original / Remake -I've only seen Original THE HITCHEROriginal / Remake -I've only seen Original THE OMENOriginal / Remake PSYCHO

Original / Remake VILLAGE OF THE DAMNEDOriginal / Remake

-I've only seen Remake THE HILLS HAVE EYES Original / Remake -undecided THE THING Original / Remake HOUSE OF WAX Original / Remake THE FLY

Original / Remake -undecided DAWN OF THE DEADOriginal / Remake NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD Original / Remake AMITYVILLE HORROR
Original / Remake -I've only seen Original THE HAUNTINGOriginal / Remake

Damn... looks like I've gotta start watching more remakes. I'm going to agree with you about THE THING remake 100% Patrick.

That movie still haunts me when his chest collapses then the gaping whole grows teeth and bites off his hands HAHAHAHHAHAH
DaShape Monday 4/28/2008 at 11:43 PM | 10112
Only did the ones I have an opinion on. If I didn't like either or I hadn't seen both I left them out.

WHEN A STRANGER CALLS Original / Remake THE FOG Original / Remake HALLOWEEN Original / Remake TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE Original / Remake THE WICKER MAN Original / Remake PROM NIGHT Original / Remake THIR13N GHOSTS Original / Remake BLACK CHRISTMAS Original / Remake PSYCHO Original / Remake VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED Original / Remake THE THING Original / Remake HOUSE OF WAX Original / Remake DAWN OF THE DEAD Original / Remake NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD Original / Remake (Savini's 1990 Remake) AMITYVILLE HORROR Original / Remake
lblambert Tuesday 4/29/2008 at 10:08 PM | 10260