Forums Horror Collectibles
Sam's Lake Review

hey peoples,

Talking to Evan during Monday Night Mayhem made me realize I wasn't giving my full support to indy horror anymore. My wife and I decided to re affirm it and rented some indy horror. Indy Horror to me means anything not big budget and not from a major studio.

Anyway, we watched Sam's Lake last night. Cinematography and locations were really well done. The story itself was actually pretty good as well. It wasn't completely original, but they twisted it just enough to make it work.

The acting was just okay. Condering that these people were not fresh face new comers(Sandrine Holt of Redent Evil: Apocalypse, and Fay Masterson of Man Without a Face and Eyes Wide Shut), I expected a bit more from them. Some of them were just straight up bad. It did have a very cool plot twist that could have been worked into a great ending....but alas.....it was not. It ended on a rather weak note all around, filled with the same old cliches.

Did i feel like I wasted my time? Actually, it kept my attention for the most part. I did get hit three times by my wife for making fun of the OVERTLY gay character and for making fun of the token african american character. I wasn't making fun of them per se, but rather the dialogue they were given to say and emote.

Overall, it was a decent little movie that could have been a whole lot more.

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Wednesday 6/24/2009 at 08:49 PM | 49126
Hey bro

Killer talk on monday!

I haven't seen this flick but after reading your review I'll check it out for sure! Sounds like its not too bad!
ny ghoul Wednesday 6/24/2009 at 09:55 PM | 49131
sounds like its worth the rent. i should start trying to dig up some good indy horror also, the problem is for every gem you get a turd.
pamelavoorheesRIP Wednesday 6/24/2009 at 10:37 PM | 49138