Forums Horror Collectibles
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

I was actually really looking forward to this film and though it didn't meet all my expectations I was still over all happy with it.First off I think the critics were WAY too hard on this film.

They are treating it like it was suppose to be an Oscar contender or something?

Guys, it's a movie about giant robots who fight other giant robots based on an 80s cartoon . . . what do you expect?

When the first Transformers flick was set to hit I was actually one of the few who thought it was going to be terrible.

I wasn't looking forward to it at all however once I saw it I was very pleasantly surprised and maybe going into it with such low expectations gave the movie nowhere to go but up with me?

Who knows.

Still, I was pretty hyped for this one despite the critical online slaughter of Revenge of the Fallen.

Story: The story was almost too complicated but also too mple if that even makes sense.

They give TONS of new back Story, so much so I still can't remember it all.

Still, I felt like a lot more progreson happened in the first film.

It wasn't bad but wasn't anything to get all work up about either.

It's an action movie, plain and mple.

Acting: The acting was so so.

I remember hearing lines that the critics trashed and they didn't come across nearly as bad as the reviewers said they would.

They're were a few moments at the end of the film that I thought were pretty convincing acting wise.

Action/Special Effects: It don't get much bigger than this.

The 2-2.5 hours FLEW by.

Overall:

I didn't feel it was as good as the first but it wasn't bad.

They pretty much took all the good things the first film did and made them 1000X bigger but they also took all the bad things of the first movie and made them 1000X bigger too.

The "TWINS" were a bit annoying but not even comparable to the Jar jar Binks category they are being currently compared to.

If you are a hardcore Transformers Fanboy (I'm not) than you'll get ticked about certain things like Megatron kneeling to the Fallen and calling him master (Cartoon Megatron answered to No one) and also you'll be ticked that SoundWave finally makes an appearance but nothing more than a decepticon satellite that orbits earth the whole movie (but he did have his original voice that he had in the cartoon so that was cool).

However, When Sam's mom eats those pot brownies I did find myself laughing (you'll rather find that part really funny or really stupid).

Luckily I enjoyed myself and didn't feel I wasted my money. I'd give this 6.75 out of 10
DaShape Thursday 6/25/2009 at 12:14 AM | 49150
thanks for the solid review. I also enjoyed the first one more than expected but I have been very weary of the sequel do to (like you said) the critics destroying it. I will still go in with an open mind this weekend. I am not expecting an Oscar like experience. I just want a decent action movie that can get me out of this heat wave were having here in Nashville!

Dunge44 Thursday 6/25/2009 at 01:17 AM | 49154
thanks for the solid review. I also enjoyed the first one more than expected but I have been very weary of the sequel do to (like you said) the critics destroying it. I will still go in with an open mind this weekend. I am not expecting an Oscar like experience. I just want a decent action movie that can get me out of this heat wave were having here in Nashville!We're getting that same wave of heat here in Louisville too (we're only 3 hours north of you).

I know your pain my friend . . . . I was on vacation a week ago on the beach it was 20 degrees cooler there (isn't it suppose to be the other way around?

)
DaShape Thursday 6/25/2009 at 05:04 AM | 49162
we got to 110 today....and i will wait to see this one on dvd...

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Thursday 6/25/2009 at 05:18 AM | 49163