Forums Horror Collectibles
Trouble for WOLFMAN 2009 film

Well, this might be trouble condering if you're a fan or the original film or not.

Anyways, I read a while back that the studio ordered up some reshoots back in May.

This wasn't really any concern of mine because many movies now a days have reshoots.

However, I've just learned it was because the studio was NOT happy with the degn/look of the wolfman monster itself.

As many of us have seen (from early product pics and even toy/collectible images) the Wolfman creature resembled the look from the original film.

Seems the studios didn't like this and called the look, "daft".

So they reshot scenes for 6 weeks to adapt the NEW look of the wolfman which is described as lycanthrope and tougher and fiercer.

So let me get this straight . . . instead of the clasc two legged look the new wolfman will be more lycan like? Do we just call this "UnderWorld 4" and accept it?

One thing I can’t find out is how involved Rick Baker has been with this redegn. Are we really to assume that a Rick Baker wolf looked lly and Universal have had to scrap it and fix it? Either Baker dropped the ball here or his degn has been muscled out unnecessarily. The strangest thing about this is that Baker's degn strongly mimicked the degn of the original film. Was the studio surprised? It seems they should have known what this was going to look like?

I've got a BAD feeling about this

DaShape Friday 7/10/2009 at 07:12 PM | 50014
DrenTheLiar Friday 7/10/2009 at 08:19 PM | 50018
I was VERY pleased with the WOLFMAN look that they had going; We'll probably get as mentioned Underworld 4 or FFC's DRACULA "wolf".
ny ghoul Friday 7/10/2009 at 09:47 PM | 50019
Bullshit. I too was actually liking the way the Wolfman looked in what I'd seen so far. I guess I'm just old-fashioned, and there's no hope for people like that.
Myers31TKD Saturday 7/11/2009 at 12:40 AM | 50024
ahhhhh hollywood and the crappy remakes......they just keep coming and coming...................
Johnny Bisco Saturday 7/11/2009 at 05:09 PM | 50049