Forums Off Topic
Hi there,my first post.

Hi everyone,im new here. Living in the UK ands i have a few questions about a mask i have bought. I realise this post will get moved but i wish to get help from someone who knows what they are doing.I am going to a costume party in a couple of weeks and i decided to go as Freddy nce the theme includes the '80s.

I spent a while searching and i found a decent mask that was within my price range at the moment.I have a couple of pics for you to see,i was wondering about painting more detail onto the mask but i dont know which types of paint to use and also i have never done anything like this before. Any advice like airbrush/regular brush,paint type,technique etc would be appreciated. Also,if anyone can suggest an artist who would be willing to paint my mask for me,please let me know.

Here are a few pics to explain what i mean -

I hope these images have come out ok,glad to be here and hope to gain some of ur knowledge and expert opinions.

Cheers, Stig.
stig Tuesday 5/06/2008 at 05:56 PM | 10907
Those pics are too small, I can't see em.lololol, anyway,that is def. the mask I have, but like I said in the PM, I had it repainted by Mark Goodson.I have no contact info for him, but I am sure there are plenty of guys who can repaint that bad boy for ya.It really is a cool mask.It kinda resembles the part 2 fred better than the other films. Wicked
wickedbeard Tuesday 5/06/2008 at 06:23 PM | 10909
Yeah,i maybe should look into rezing before i post more pics but im completely useless with computers. Anyone who feels they,or someone they know could give this mask a good re-painting,please let me know.
stig Tuesday 5/06/2008 at 06:31 PM | 10910
Cool Mask...lol Welcome to the boards

kweandee Wednesday 5/07/2008 at 01:29 AM | 10926
First off that is a cool Fred mask right there! WickedBeard I would love to see your pics of that puppy painted by Mr. Goodson. Welcome to the forum Stig, hope to see ya around often

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 5/07/2008 at 07:05 AM | 10934
There is one pic of me wearing

it in the costume section.Here are a couple

close ups.I cut the teeth off the mask, but I have this displayed over my skull sock mask to give him teeth for display.lol Wicked
wickedbeard Wednesday 5/07/2008 at 10:10 AM | 10935
Thanks very much,i will definately be hanging around here.Thanks for the comments,glad you like the mask,i just personally think that i little more colour that has been applied properly will bring out the full potential of the mask. Im just a first-time buyer though and i dont really know whats best,ill leave it to the experts.

Kinda planning to have this mask painted after i get a "Buterfingers " mask,if they are still available.
stig Wednesday 5/07/2008 at 10:20 AM | 10936
Hi welcome to the boards.

Really nice and helpful group here.

Nice mask too.

Definitely try and grab up one of the Butterfingers if you get a chance.

Good luck with the repaint.
deathrisingup Wednesday 5/07/2008 at 12:53 PM | 10942
Wicked that freaking thing is CK! Who makes that Freddy mask and are these still available? I like the kind of old school look it has. Fantastic pics!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 5/07/2008 at 07:50 PM | 10952
It is the same mask stig posted up top, just painted better.lol...It is like a second skin dude.I scared a kid so bad with it he would not come out from under the restaurant table.hahahahaha
wickedbeard Wednesday 5/14/2008 at 10:48 PM | 11516