Forums Horror Collectibles
David Arquette and Courtney Cox Have Signed For Scream 4

David Arquette has told E! Online that he will definitely be returning for the next Scream installment, as will his wife, Courtney Cox. I've known for a good while that they were in talks for the project, but Arquette is now treating it like a done deal.
DaShape Tuesday 7/14/2009 at 10:42 PM | 50224
I'm not sure if I should be happy about this or not. I feel the series is done and is fine how it is. I guess it all depends on how this movie is made.
DrenTheLiar Wednesday 7/15/2009 at 12:25 AM | 50230
Im curious.....they'd have to change the comedic formula imo and go to a more old school slasher approach.
ny ghoul Wednesday 7/15/2009 at 01:37 AM | 50235
Im curious.....they'd have to change the comedic formula imo and go to a more old school slasher approach.

amen if they would do it that way but they won't!

I was a HUGE, probably the BIGGEST Scream fan there was and I have to say I am 110% against this film being made period. You can't capture lighting in a bottle. The sequels sucked and this will be no different I am afraid. God I sound like Bisco and Dren now!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 7/15/2009 at 02:38 AM | 50239
I was a HUGE, probably the BIGGEST Scream fan there was and I have to say I am 110% against this film being made period. You can't capture lighting in a bottle. The sequels sucked and this will be no different I am afraid.

You're right J...a big part of Scream's success was the timing of when it was released. It was the right movie at the right time. The sequels were little more than generic cash grabs as will likely be this next installment (the 4th part of a trilogy...go fig). I won't go see it but enough people will that it'll be profitable enough for the studios to keep generating this crap.
lblambert Wednesday 7/15/2009 at 03:38 AM | 50246

I was a HUGE, probably the BIGGEST Scream fan there was and I have to say I am 110% against this film being made period. You can't capture lighting in a bottle. The sequels sucked and this will be no different I am afraid. God I sound like Bisco and Dren now! its about time i got through that big head of yours

Johnny Bisco Wednesday 7/15/2009 at 03:41 AM | 50249

I was a HUGE, probably the BIGGEST Scream fan there was and I have to say I am 110% against this film being made period. You can't capture lighting in a bottle. The sequels sucked and this will be no different I am afraid. God I sound like Bisco and Dren now! its about time i got through that big head of yoursLOL! Well when you put something that I really loved (the original Scream movie) and continue to cash in on it, now I know how HalloweeN fans felt with all the crap sequels. It's like lets move on. I would rather see it remade than have a stupid damn sequel. Ahhh Ohhhh, I said REMAKE! (SCATTER PEOPLE, SCATTER)
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 7/15/2009 at 05:02 AM | 50253
i heard arquette on the rqadio today and the one bright spot of this whole thing is that he confirmed williamson is writing the script as we speak and they are trying like mad to get craven back

im still VERY skeptical and think this is gonna suck though lol
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 7/15/2009 at 07:43 PM | 50277
Well if they do go through with this I say they need to get rid of the "Ghostface" costume. It was BRILLIANT at the time but it's just lost every bit of freakiness that it once had. They need to come up with a new killer costume or something, I don't want to see more douche bags running around in a Ghostface costume...
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 7/17/2009 at 02:55 AM | 50326
well. guys i got to tell you that i havent seen scream in a long time and im not a big fan of it. im more of a jason fan ... but for my advice i am 95% sure it will be better for them to make a new one becuase .. well becuase of all tha remakes they made of myers and jason, and leatherface. but scream 4 would be a pretty good start for tha directors.. thats wat i think.
Dillon sum Friday 7/17/2009 at 03:23 AM | 50327
i liked the scream films i mite gave the new ones a go but i don't know how there going to continue it unless there going to do it with a all new story line and new characders
jad Friday 7/17/2009 at 05:33 PM | 50339
I'm not sure if I should be happy about this or not. I feel the series is done and is fine how it is. I guess it all depends on how this movie is made. That's exactly how I feel Matt!
Michael Aspinwall Saturday 7/25/2009 at 01:36 AM | 50745
I admit the first one was not a bad movie, but as they went on they just lost my interest much the same way the Saw series has.
Horror Drunk Friday 10/02/2009 at 10:02 PM | 55652
Not that i feel Scream is in the same class as The Burning(Worlds biggest fan of that movie) but I am more and more happy that they didn't do the same thing with The Burning that they have with this series. Granted they were made in different times but the first should have been the only one IMO much like they did with The Burning. It just would have made it so much more of a "legendary" film IMO. Scream came out at the perfect time and these sequels have only lessended the franchise IMO and seeing how they have gone so much towards it being horror/comedy it just has faded so much and that is depresng to me.

I guess though David Arquette doesn't have WCW to let him be world champ so this is better then nothing. lol
cropsy Saturday 10/03/2009 at 06:54 PM | 55698