Forums Off Topic
Best Haunted House

I am a big fan of the ol Haunted Houses and luckily I live near Louisville, KY where there are many great attractions in the fall. Do you guys still like a good haunted house every now and again and what is your best the best one you have ever been too? Post those stories kids

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 5/07/2008 at 09:08 PM | 10953
Well I've never had the chance to go to a good haunted house ade from the traditional carnival ones...lol but I did go to a pretty ck barn in Jasonwoods 2yrs ago when we went there for the hayride. It was cool...you practically crawled through some of it...pitch black you had to hold the person's hand in front of you to find your way through. They had ck shit popping out from everywhere to scare the hell out of you along w/people in costume (from the hayride...Jason,freddy, etc) roaming around to scare you...it was pretty cool unfortunately haven't made it back nce.
kweandee Wednesday 5/07/2008 at 10:14 PM | 10956
I think it's imposble to beat Knott's Berry Farms Halloween Haunt.

I've gone 17 years straight and it gets better every year!
zephro Wednesday 5/07/2008 at 11:01 PM | 10959
Ghosts scare the shit out of me. End of story.
Myers31TKD Thursday 5/08/2008 at 02:03 AM | 10974
LOL....
kweandee Thursday 5/08/2008 at 02:10 AM | 10976
Hmmm... I can think of 2 right off hand. When I was about 12 me mom and when my dad was still with my mom, we all went to this small town haunted trail that some people made who lived by the woods line. Very Low Budget, BUT to me the lower the budget, the more creativity it has and it seems more like the right way to do it! Adds class! haha Anyway, I can remember going through with my parents and my mom holding on to my dad

and her jumping everytime something jumped out at us. Then... It happened.......... Jason comes out of know ware with a chrome looking Machette and started walking at a heavy pace towards us. My mother more than likely shit! I didnt even have a chance to say calm down when she grabbed my dad by the hand and took off through the woods ""DRAGGING"" my dad along behind! I could hear her screaming like she was in labor running through the woods!

I couldn't see her, but I sure as hell herd her! I was only 12 and I am Laughing my ass off like nobodys busness the whole time listening to her! haha... Good Times Good Times!!!This Is A True Event!!! Thins just happend about 2 weeks ago to be exact! Me and my girl Jill went to her friends house who lives in the middle of noware. Now her friend's grandma had just past away a year or so before so keep that in mind. When we get up to her house were all hanging out like normal, Smoking and talking about old times when Michelle "Her Friend gets the bright idea, lets go down the road to my grandma's house and I'll show you guys my old room and such... Were like, hmmm... What the hell right. So we go down to the house about 4 blocks distance away. Anyway we get inde the house and you guys know that feeling you get when you walk into a place that just doesnt feel normal??? Well I kinda had that going on, but I actually wanted to see something! haha... Anyway, we go through the kitchen and into the dining room and I could swear I herd a door slam, but I just brushed it off and blamed it on my imagination seeing as how I already felt weird about being there in the first place. So... We work our way in the living room and back towards a closet or some shit when we herd foot steps coming from upstairs. It was more of a shuffle of foot steps like they were wereing slippers or some shit. So we go upstairs to investigate like a bunch of dumb asses who deserve to get slaughtered... haha... and when we get up there we enter Michelle's old bedroom when she was little and we here another door slam shut from downstairs and Michelles like we better go, so we were all heading back down the stairs and we herd another door slam

like the sound was behind us. Reallllllllly messed up!!! and Michelle is like Holy Shit we need to go NOW! so we all got out ok and ran back up the road to her house! haha... I swear this story is TRUE!!! I always thought bullshit on this subject, but Evedently it prooved me wrong! haha
Harry Warden Thursday 5/08/2008 at 02:43 AM | 10978
My wife works as a nurse at the main hospital here. There have been all kinds of storys about the 6th floor of that building over the years and for the past 2 years it's been closed to patients for renovation. They opened it back up 3 months ago and weird things have been happening. Security guards are regularly sent to the 6th floor to investigate sounds of bangs and crashes, only to find the floor deserted.

Recently the floor reopened to patient care. My wife had one patient that was in his 90's. This patient was unable to care for himself and could not get out of bed or even t up by himself. He yelled and screamed constantly. One night my wife was walking by his room and heard him yelling..."YOU KIDS HAD BETTER STOP THAT BEFORE YOU PULL THE CURTAINS DOWN!!!" My wife walked in the room and he was the only one there. The patient was talking to these "kids" near the window that only he could see. My wife administered his meds and he went to sleep. She walked out of the room and heard a loud crash inde the room. When she walked back into the room she saw the curtains and shades had fallen to the floor. That patient later died that night. She doesn't like that floor very much.
HorrorSanctum Thursday 5/08/2008 at 03:11 PM | 10990
Booman and I have a special haunted attraction we vited.

We've each been there several times over the years.

Here's a hint: It has had a movie filmed there, a documentary made about it, was on Scariest Places on Earth, and TAPS has vited there twice (they spent the night there this past Halloween).Anybody (bedes Justin) know what I'm talking about?
DaShape Friday 5/09/2008 at 01:39 AM | 11026
Danvers mental asylum in Mass.?? thats where they filmed the movie, "SESON 9."
SithLord Friday 5/09/2008 at 02:02 AM | 11030
No the Shining hotel in Colorado....can't remember the name.
HorrorSanctum Friday 5/09/2008 at 02:26 AM | 11042

Overlook.
Myers31TKD Friday 5/09/2008 at 02:27 AM | 11044

Overlook.

Not in the movie....it has a real name... I just looked it up ..THE STANLEY HOTEL
HorrorSanctum Friday 5/09/2008 at 02:30 AM | 11046

Overlook.

Not in the movie....it has a real name... I just looked it up ..THE STANLEY HOTEL

Oh... duh. That makes sense. I've always wanted to go to the one in the film though. I wonder how it has changed.

I wouldn't stay overnight in the Stanley though, because as I stated before, ghosts scare the shit out of me.
Myers31TKD Friday 5/09/2008 at 02:34 AM | 11047
Dude it hasn't changed....you should see the Ghosthunters episode where they spent the night in Steven Kings room.....weird shit.
HorrorSanctum Friday 5/09/2008 at 03:04 AM | 11051
That's awesome. Hopefully I'll run across that episode someday.

I propose a Shining day here on the boards.
Myers31TKD Friday 5/09/2008 at 03:13 AM | 11053