Forums Horror Collectibles
I'LL POST THIS HERE....

I have to say, i'm not sure this new ruling on no age limit to this te, is such a good thing. This te has been bacally "Drama" free because of the age limit, I believe. The Mods. here have it pretty easy compared to some other tes, in terms of not having to babyt in fear that a flame war is about to break out. That's due to the mature people here. This board, in a way, has policed itself for the most part. Now, having more and more little "Darlings" being able to access the board, is a recipe for disaster, IMO. Maybe and hopefully, I will be proven wrong. Time will tell.
SithLord Sunday 7/19/2009 at 08:17 PM | 50439
nevermind
scaryzack Sunday 7/19/2009 at 09:00 PM | 50440
Chris it's certainly not an age limit thing IMO. I mean just take a look at whats going on over on MM.net right now with everything. It's not younger people caung problems. 99% of the time it's some veteran member with an axe to grind. What you have is a maturity issue not an age issue again IMO....

good post though, we shall see how things go but I have a feeling that we can remain a "fun", informative board regardless of how old a member might be. No other te owner I have spoke with over this past week has had to have an age limit and everyone I have spoken with said that as long as members follow the rules they have no problems, it makes sense to me. Everyone will get a chance, if someone blows it then they're no longer a member, plain and mple....

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 7/19/2009 at 09:00 PM | 50441
i agree. like you said the "darlings" will bring with their gnup, drama. drama drama and drama. i like the way things were. because we all knew the rules, we all knew eachother. we kept eachother in line, we helped people get back in line. these kids will thing they aint got to listen to anyone, and then itll make people

... so yea.

im with you on this

and boo-man due to the new ruleZack how old are you?

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 7/19/2009 at 09:02 PM | 50443
i agree. like you said the "darlings" will bring with their gnup, drama. drama drama and drama. i like the way things were. because we all knew the rules, we all knew eachother. we kept eachother in line, we helped people get back in line. these kids will thing they aint got to listen to anyone, and then itll make people

... so yea.

im with you on this

and boo-man due to the new rulezach is 14 i believe. He was one of the many members I was getting ready to ban before the change in the rules...bacally...You really shouldn't be here at all, nce you obviously cannot follow the rules...if ya wanna get all technical and whatnot.

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Sunday 7/19/2009 at 09:45 PM | 50445
Chris it's certainly not an age limit thing IMO. I mean just take a look at whats going on over on MM.net right now with everything. It's not younger people caung problems. 99% of the time it's some veteran member with an axe to grind. What you have is a maturity issue not an age issue again IMO....

good post though, we shall see how things go but I have a feeling that we can remain a "fun", informative board regardless of how old a member might be. No other te owner I have spoke with over this past week has had to have an age limit and everyone I have spoken with said that as long as members follow the rules they have no problems, it makes sense to me. Everyone will get a chance, if someone blows it then they're no longer a member, plain and mple....

well said.
joelsparks Sunday 7/19/2009 at 11:23 PM | 50446
Instead of policing younger members (which quite a few have been banned recently for being under age) we came to the concluon that instead of banning members for mply being under age, we should just ban them based on their ability of following the rules.

That way if a mature young (or old for that matter) adult gns up for the forum and they keep to the rules I don't see how that's going to hurt anybody.

They break the rules they get the boot, equal opportunity for all.Many of us Mods (including myself) would actually like to have the age ban however I realize that I want that ban for more person reasons and I'm not thinking of HorrorBid as a whole.

If you're 12 years old and like horror you should be welcome to post as long as you can follow the rules . . . this doesn't mean I'm going to talk with you much or read many of your posts but you are still welcome to be here.

Then, in 3-5 years if you're still hanging around on the board, chances are you've learned a few things and have become well versed in the Horror Collecting Community and can be a great contributor all because of HorrorBid.

I can live without the ban because of this.
DaShape Monday 7/20/2009 at 01:31 AM | 50450
hmm. . . i really dont know how i feel about the new rule implementation. . there are some younger members i get along with dont get me wrong. . we will see i guess. . i support your decions guys
DEUSEXMACHINA222 Monday 7/20/2009 at 01:48 AM | 50451
sorry im in the dark here a bit, how old did you have to be to be a member here?
oldskool Monday 7/20/2009 at 01:50 AM | 50452
sorry im in the dark here a bit, how old did you have to be to be a member here?

Originally it was 16 (from start of the forum but wasn't heavily enforced) then was recently changed to 18 and was enforced.

Now there is no ban.
DaShape Monday 7/20/2009 at 01:55 AM | 50453

Originally it was 16 (from start of the forum but wasn't heavily enforced) then was recently changed to 18 and was enforced.

Now there is no ban.

i had no idea. i'm not sure but when i was 14 i was having sex, drinking and had a job. i think i was mature enough to type on a forum.

i didn't know there was an age limit and personally i think not having one makes sense.
oldskool Monday 7/20/2009 at 01:57 AM | 50454
The mod crew toiled over this for a while and I'll admit i was for 16 and up mply because to me a 14 year old is really still a child. The life of the average 16 year old is a lot different than that of a 14 year old. In a forum where most are 21 and up I dont think 14 years old mix and it could lead to trouble. However ultimately I agree with many that have bacally said that its a maturity thing and its about following the rules. So us Mods will do our job and all you guys keep being cool and respectful and have fun. If theres any shenanigans? you get banned and you get a one way ticket to Booman's dungeon of doom!
ny ghoul Monday 7/20/2009 at 06:17 PM | 50463
I think a lot of drama is really caused by the Myers scene alone, that's why MM.net is such a mess with it all. That and we've been lucky here to have mostly mature members. But the Myers scene is very opinionated and opinions cause for great debate. With this board being so diverse I think we have kind of strayed ourself from becoming that.

Will no age limit help or hurt us? I cannot tell, only time can. And, if it comes to it, we can always put an age limit back in affect.
DrenTheLiar Monday 7/20/2009 at 10:04 PM | 50476
Ok, I was a member on here (as Camp_Killer_13) before being banned from underage. I saw the post about no age restriction and made another account. I'm 14 but I'm very mature. I don't like all the drama. I hate it! I respect others. I just want you guys to know I will not fill the forum with stupid and useless posts. Ok? I love this te and couldn't stay away from it!
HorrorFreak Monday 7/20/2009 at 10:24 PM | 50479
Ok, I was a member on here (as Camp_Killer_13) before being banned from underage. I saw the post about no age restriction and made another account. I'm 14 but I'm very mature. I don't like all the drama. I hate it! I respect others. I just want you guys to know I will not fill the forum with stupid and useless posts. Ok? I love this te and couldn't stay away from it

Well....at least you can type properly.
DrenTheLiar Monday 7/20/2009 at 10:26 PM | 50480
Ok, I was a member on here (as Camp_Killer_13) before being banned from underage. I saw the post about no age restriction and made another account. I'm 14 but I'm very mature. I don't like all the drama. I hate it! I respect others. I just want you guys to know I will not fill the forum with stupid and useless posts. Ok? I love this te and couldn't stay away from it

Well....at least you can type properly.

That's another thing I hate. People that don't spell properly. I mean if it's by accident it's ok but if you just can't spell period.

HorrorFreak Monday 7/20/2009 at 10:43 PM | 50483
im talkin about typin liek dis like u are 13 and so hip nd kewl and look liek you never passed english class
DrenTheLiar Monday 7/20/2009 at 11:07 PM | 50484
Ok, I know what you mean. English is actually my best subject in school.
HorrorFreak Monday 7/20/2009 at 11:11 PM | 50485
I like the idea of giving everyone a chance to prove themselves. I support you guys 100%! This whole te is my favorite place on the net!
Dunge44 Monday 7/20/2009 at 11:52 PM | 50488

that gnature banner is sweet horrorfreak!

customcritters Tuesday 7/21/2009 at 12:31 AM | 50491

that gnature banner is sweet horrorfreak! Thanks, man!
HorrorFreak Tuesday 7/21/2009 at 01:26 AM | 50498