Forums Horror Collectibles
New Score: Frightstuff Remake Hood- costume shots too

I ordered the Brooker Remake hood from Frightstuff a few weeks ago (sadly before JB listed his awesome Redux hood) and got it in the mail today.

It's a really great mask, the only downfall is that the hair keeps falling off like crazy.

But all in all I really like it and how it looks with my costume.

So I thought I would take a few pics to share with everyone.

I didn't have a lot of time.. the Wife wanted me to go and get dinner, so I had to hurry it along.

I forgot to take off my ring, to dirty my hands, and I had to hurry the shots (no planning) and so they are not as good as I would have wanted them to be.But they do the trick for now, I hope to take some better ones once I fine tune a few things.

Also when I get my axe in, and a good lamp for dark shots.One thing... it is DAMN hot in FL, especially in July.

I was sweating buckets, and this was only for a 10 minute shoot.

I really hope it cools down in October, or I might have to cut the liner out of the jacket.

I might just do that, just in case.

I don't really need the extra bulk anyway.

DarkArtist81 Friday 7/31/2009 at 03:18 AM | 51234
A few more...

DarkArtist81 Friday 7/31/2009 at 03:19 AM | 51235
ahhh ohhhh, WickedBeard may just damn well have some competition here. Josh that is freaking insane looking bro. The pic of your face peeking out of the hood is priceless! That's gonna scare some kids this Halloween for sure. Nice work man!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 7/31/2009 at 03:25 AM | 51237
Thanks man!

WB is a huge influence on me, so I really appreciate those words.

I really need a better camera though, I HATE mine with a fiery pason. I want to lose a bit more weight by Halloween, or at least lean up a bit.

I've lost 30 lbs in the last 3 months, so hopefully if I keep up the intenty...I should be good come Halloween.

And once my double ded axe comes in, the shots should look pretty damn sweet.

I'm also getting some lighting for my Halloween party, so maybe I can get some good night shots with those.

DarkArtist81 Friday 7/31/2009 at 03:28 AM | 51239
Wow! That looks great! Awesome pics!

8-)
H30 Friday 7/31/2009 at 03:51 PM | 51272
That's how a damn hood should be! Great chest and back coverage.
DrenTheLiar Friday 7/31/2009 at 07:55 PM | 51283
Thanks guys!

And yeah, the extra coverage on the chest and back really help sell the look.

The shirt hangs nicely over it, and you don't get a vible seam that kills the illuon.I still want to take better shots, as......well.... broad daylight has never been the best for a creepy Jason scene.
DarkArtist81 Friday 7/31/2009 at 08:55 PM | 51289
Cool outdoor shots

The hood goes great with the hock1 I wanted to ask what kind of shoes are you wearing??
kaizu Saturday 8/01/2009 at 11:49 AM | 51333
As I said over on Fs, Great shots man. Your costume looks great. I still need to find me a coat for mine. ;)
glamourdoll13 Saturday 8/01/2009 at 01:14 PM | 51339
Nice costume dude!

liquid-venom Saturday 8/01/2009 at 03:06 PM | 51346
Cool outdoor shots

The hood goes great with the hock1 I wanted to ask what kind of shoes are you wearing??

Thanks everyone!And Kaizu, the shoes I got from the same guy who made my holster, samowmeg over at Frightstuff.

They were goth boots from Hot Topic that resemble combats, just converted and dirtied.

They give me a good extra 3-4 inches on height...which I desperately need.

I'm 5'10.

DarkArtist81 Saturday 8/01/2009 at 04:15 PM | 51348
I'm about the same height so I don't exactly make a very menacing Jason.
DrenTheLiar Saturday 8/01/2009 at 05:28 PM | 51364
I'm about the same height so I don't exactly make a very menacing Jason.

Yeah, it sucks being short.

I've been hitting the gym hard too, I didn't want to be a Jason who has no muscle mass and a gut... just wouldn't be right. That is usually why I stick to Myers costuming, there aren't many more modern horror icons that are short anymore.

At least they left Freddy short and didn't turn him into a hulking behemoth too!

DarkArtist81 Saturday 8/01/2009 at 07:31 PM | 51371
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wicked Beard watch out!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Bisco Saturday 8/01/2009 at 07:45 PM | 51376
dude this costume is so mind blowing to me( ). how much was it for all of that?

p.s. yeah micheal is definetly the costume u get if you got a gut. i was R.Z'S micheal m. last year but im in to jason more now.

p.s. where could i get that costume exactly?
MYERS.b.a.VORHEES Friday 10/02/2009 at 10:56 PM | 55658
dude this costume is so mind blowing to me( ). how much was it for all of that?

p.s. yeah micheal is definetly the costume u get if you got a gut. i was R.Z'S micheal m. last year but im in to jason more now.

p.s. where could i get that costume exactly?
MYERS.b.a.VORHEES Friday 10/02/2009 at 10:57 PM | 55659
oh and sorry it posted twice my computers messed up.
MYERS.b.a.VORHEES Friday 10/02/2009 at 10:59 PM | 55660
No problem man!

Thanks for the kind words.

The costume was about $350 total, purchased over a long period of time.

The coat I got from a guy who has been having a lot of problems and doesn't have any available at this time, but I hear that Dark December makes a CK one for a good price.As for the shirt and pants, I did those myself... weathered them and such.

The holster was made by Samowmeg at Frightstuff, very accurate and affordable.

The machete I got from Rahl, very cheap.

The boots were modded Hot Topic platform boots.

The undermask was from Frightstuff, but if I could do it over again I would go with the Remake Jason hood from Darkde Paul.That's pretty much the whole costume, the hardest items to score are the jacket and the holster.

Everything else is readily available.

The hockey mask was the NECA ren one repainted by me, but Frightstuff now offers blanks of it that are ABS and thinner and less fragile.It's a very affordable costume though, if you shop smartly.

But do it quickly if you want it this year, time is getting short.
DarkArtist81 Tuesday 10/06/2009 at 03:11 AM | 55821
thx dude. and again nice costume.
MYERS.b.a.VORHEES Thursday 10/08/2009 at 07:38 PM | 55944