Forums Horror Movie Reviews
THE COLLECTOR...

I saw this movie tonight, not really thinking it was going to be any good, but it was actually alot better then I thought it would be. Quickly paced and has enough gore to hold over the gore hounds out there.

31/2 out of 5 stars.
SithLord Saturday 8/01/2009 at 08:09 AM | 51325
I felt the same way pretty much. I wasn't too keen on going because 90% of horrors these days are just hype and I always get burned. All the commercials proclaiming THE COLLECTOR as the NEW HORROR ICON were getting to be a bit much also.

BUT....the story was tense; the gore was killer; the movie flowed. I had fun. It had its flaws namely the end and some of the ludicrous over the top aspects; but over all it was cool.

A lot of people love the killer's mask but to me what made him look ck was the "cataract" look his eyes had.

3.5/5 as well.

** oh one mention.....the killers general look and his knife play were reminiscent of LAID TO REST.
ny ghoul Sunday 8/09/2009 at 03:12 AM | 51818
I give this a 7/10

I think the fact that I'm partial to slasher movies saved this one. I hated Saw and it's very obvious that it is written by those who did Saw. Really, it was just a slasher veron of Saw to be honest but it had some elements that made it a little better. The killer wasn't bad and I liked how they didn't fully reveal him right away. At first the gore was minimal and I thought we'd have a pretty modest movie but once you see all the torture in the basement...there went that idea. Even though there wasn't much of a cast I thought they did well. Still not completely sure if I'll be buying the DVD.

It was certainly better than Laid to Rest.
DrenTheLiar Sunday 8/09/2009 at 12:10 PM | 51829
This movie was entertaining but I wouldn't say it was a good movie. It was OK, it had some plot holes and a majority of it was just senseless killing, but hey there's nothing wrong with that. I do wish that the filmmakers would have put some more inght into the killer, like why he was doing what he was doing. Over all I give it a 2 1/2 out of 5.
krueger4653 Wednesday 8/12/2009 at 01:48 AM | 52032
I enjoyed it overall. It wasn't a waste of my 9 bucks. Was it great? Not really. The acting wasn't very good and had some plot holes. However, the overall plot was pretty cool. It's one of those things thta would be freaky as hell in real life. Imagine going into rob a place just to find out that the people you thought wouldn't be there, were there being tortured by a serial killer and you have to manuever around all of these traps.

The traps, however, seemed kind of pointless at times to me. I kept thinking the killer would die by falling into one of his own traps, and I was wrong, which is good. It wasn't completely predictable, although I knew that as soon as he would leave the house completely that the little girl would show up lo. I also didn't understand the point of the box and the people in the box.

Overall, like I said, I enjoyed it.
KeeterZ Wednesday 8/12/2009 at 07:16 AM | 52038
Anybody know when or if they still plan on continuing this into a series?

Bad ass killer and hopefully will see him return, funniest kick in the ass ending in a while.
ironblade87 Saturday 12/26/2009 at 11:57 AM | 59530