Forums Off Topic
I have what may be a stupid question.....

Don't kill me but I am new at this mask collecting ....

I saw on a te that in regards to finishing you can have it either fleshtone or weathered...what is the difference? and does anyone have any pics showing comparion. I may have misread the te...lol

Thanks, Des
kweandee Friday 5/09/2008 at 11:50 PM | 11129
what mask are you asking about and do you have a link....
Matthew Mayhem Friday 5/09/2008 at 11:55 PM | 11130
Well I had been looking at that black lodge te...one of the banners on here. I guess it would just be a general ?? though if given the choice. From what I've seen most mask are made how ever the artist makes them and sold how they are or as is for lack of better terminology....I was actually surprised to see options.
kweandee Saturday 5/10/2008 at 12:14 AM | 11133
Flesh colored is exactly that....and weathering is adding a darker wash either black or brown and wiping most of it off.....kind of like staining a piece of wood. Usually to make the mask look old and dirty. The H2 that Justin posted pictures of is heavily weathered.
HorrorSanctum Saturday 5/10/2008 at 12:21 AM | 11135
Flesh colored is exactly that....and weathering is adding a darker wash either black or brown and wiping most of it off.....kind of like staining a piece of wood. Usually to make the mask look old and dirty. The H2 that Justin posted pictures of is heavily weathered.

Sam said it
Matthew Mayhem Saturday 5/10/2008 at 12:32 AM | 11137

The one that you made? that is a hot mask...lol

kweandee Saturday 5/10/2008 at 12:39 AM | 11141
Yeah a good example and Myers masks are really the only masks that this applies to. (I once asked Jeff Death to dirty a mask up for me and he was like, WTF?) Bacally you can have a Myers masks that is all white with hardly any features painted in or one that has flesh showing through around the neck and ears and heavy weathered dirty effects.

The original Myers mask was painted white, plain white but after constant use during filming and sweet it started to get dirty and the flesh tones started to come through as it was a painted Captain Kirk mask. By the time Halloween 2 rolled around the mask had been under Debra Hill's bed for a couple of years as well as being exposed to her smoking quite a bit. It got really dirty looking and that is what people reference when they say heavily weathered or not.

Hope that helps and mask collecting gets addicting as you can see

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 5/10/2008 at 12:44 AM | 11142
Yes it does...thanks a bunch...lol

kweandee Saturday 5/10/2008 at 01:14 AM | 11158