Forums Horror Collectibles
Halloween Resurrection

i know this may be a sore subject for some, but with Halloween Resurrection, do you think there could be any movie with the original MM in it after H8?

I myself liked H8, had no real problem with it, i thought MM looked just awesome in it.
dxh8r4life Sunday 8/16/2009 at 12:17 AM | 52340
Even though I utterly despise this film (even with Katie Sackhoff, God I love her

)... I really really want another good Myers film POST H:R.

I think that for once...Michael was free of the ster storyline.

They could have done anything with him, he was free.

They could move the story to any other town...any new victim...the choices were endless.

So yeah, I hope that it happens one day.

Even as DTV, I'd still watch it.Doesn't need a huge budget, or a big name cast... just needs a good story.

DarkArtist81 Sunday 8/16/2009 at 03:57 AM | 52359
I agree....I think it would be cool to have a post RZ Halloween and actually there SHOULD be one.

It could be a cool tradition to have a new film come out every two years and have different directors take a stab at a story...no sequels; prequels; etc.

It really doesnt matter what happened in H8 or where it left off. I personally try to forget that it ever happened. I hate the movie and the mask.
ny ghoul Sunday 8/16/2009 at 04:41 AM | 52363
I agree....I think it would be cool to have a post RZ Halloween and actually there SHOULD be one.

It could be a cool tradition to have a new film come out every two years and have different directors take a stab at a story...no sequels; prequels; etc.

It really doesnt matter what happened in H8 or where it left off. I personally try to forget that it ever happened. I hate the movie and the mask.

You know?

That would be a really cool idea, and allow for some interesting stories.

You could have a director come in and do whatever he wanted, saying that it's really continuity free and really unleash the license to be many things all at once.
DarkArtist81 Sunday 8/16/2009 at 03:21 PM | 52394
Yeah I think it would add a freshness to the franchise and it would also be great merchandise wise.

Could be cool...imagine a HALLOWEEN set in the 1950's? the right hands and the right minds could make something cool and it'd be a cinematic tradition better than SAW at halloween time!
ny ghoul Sunday 8/16/2009 at 04:34 PM | 52399
Even though I utterly despise this film (even with Katie Sackhoff, God I love her

They could move the story to any other town...any new victim...the choices were endless.

Even as DTV, I'd still watch it.Doesn't need a huge budget, or a big name cast... just needs a good story.

This was said on the 25 Years of Terror DVD that Michael was once again the shape in Resurrection and that is very true. The ster storyline was put to rest and even though Resurrection had a bad idea behind it,it could have been somewhat of a fresh start for the series without having to jump on the remake bandwagon. They could have done anything after Resurrection, the posbilities flowed but of course Malek took the easy road.
DrenTheLiar Sunday 8/16/2009 at 05:06 PM | 52402
I don't see it happeneing but hell I have seen stranger things happen I never expected also. I think they really screwed up with going the remake way as they could have done so much with the stories and so on but as was said Malek-jackass took the easy way out. Oh how I can imagine his father turned in his grave and this is comming from a guy who enjoyed the remake.
cropsy Monday 8/17/2009 at 01:07 AM | 52436

This was said on the 25 Years of Terror DVD that Michael was once again the shape in Resurrection and that is very true. The ster storyline was put to rest and even though Resurrection had a bad idea behind it,it could have been somewhat of a fresh start for the series without having to jump on the remake bandwagon. They could have done anything after Resurrection, the posbilities flowed but of course Malek took the easy road.

You are right on the money man.

They could have done anything at that point, but instead Malek just gave in to the remake bug.

DarkArtist81 Monday 8/17/2009 at 04:11 AM | 52484
I think I would love to see Myers come after Laurie Strodes son in H20...I think that would have potential with a good original storyline.
jasonfan_19 Saturday 8/29/2009 at 06:12 PM | 53478