Forums Horror Collectibles
myers is dead

well it looks like trancus is shutting down anythign myers related. all the ebay auctions are gone or going down it looks like.

href="http://www.michael-myers.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51693">http://www.michael-myers.net/phpBB/view ... =1&t=51693
oldskool Monday 8/17/2009 at 03:34 AM | 52468
its the end of days.

El Diablo Monday 8/17/2009 at 03:38 AM | 52469
Yeah, I heard about this.

Glad I didn't list my Burned H2 figure.

F*cking Trancas!!! It's really screwed up of them to shut down auctions that are mply people selling their OWN items.

Not makers or craftsman, the owner of an item.

Not making more or trying to do something shady.

They are just offering for sale an item of their own that they don't want anymore.

The origins are ingnificant.Screw them, greedy ass bastards.

If they whored out their license to better people, we wouldn't have this tuation.

Instead, we have to make our own... and we get shit on for doing so well at it.Screw Trancas and the white horse that RZ let them ride in on.

DarkArtist81 Monday 8/17/2009 at 03:49 AM | 52477
I don't know if you guys noticed, but a certain individual at Trancas has been taking down EBAY auction for Myers masks.

I would recommend listing all auctions going forward as Halloween Mask and drop the Myers reference in the title and description.

Personally, I've had it with Trancas. I bought an H2 tee shirt from Hot Topics today, but after this incident, I returned the shirt and I will NEVER buy a piece of licensed merchandise again. Also, when the movie comes out, I'll buy a ticket to something else and sneak into Halloween. And finally, I went to Trancas's web te, got the mailing address and wrote a letter to the CEO expresng my frustrations with their recent actions and attacks on fans.

Long live Final Destination!!!!
zephro Monday 8/17/2009 at 04:19 AM | 52490
Yeah... Fucking Trancas!

I can't believe that they are actually doing this.

It blows my mind.

I mean, people can't even sell their own stuff anymore unless it's officially licensed.

They can suck it... I won't buy their shit.

DarkArtist81 Monday 8/17/2009 at 04:22 AM | 52491
yeah i saw this a post or two down. i think this is a repeat thread.
El Diablo Monday 8/17/2009 at 04:25 AM | 52492
Guys with the recent events and the apparent events that are coming we have decided to take down all independent Myers related listings. As in life when a company that owns the rights and has an issue no matter how much we may not like it we have to live with it. It will take some getting use to that's for sure but life must go on and it will....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 8/17/2009 at 05:11 AM | 52494
your right justin. it sucks but life will go on. myers isnt everything by a long shot.
oldskool Monday 8/17/2009 at 05:19 AM | 52495
Ive had cd's; t-shirts; etc taken down by the scum at ebay and got their shitty prefab email notice about "why" my auctions were taken down. Its a headache but you just have to word things different next time you post them. Some new "code" words might work....Halloween shape mask? for example.
ny ghoul Monday 8/17/2009 at 05:49 AM | 52501
I can understand that man, definitely protect HB.

We don't want a shitstorm coming down on the te because of masks.

I would just make it a rule that Halloween or Myers cannot be in the description to sell Myers style stuff on the te.

Maybe just list it as a white face mask or something, so the sellers aren't assed out completely.I know on selling the one off Burned H2 figure.

I'm just going to list it as Wicked Burn! now... just to avoid all issues like this.But like you said, there isn't much we can do about it.

The law is the law, even if it sucks.

DarkArtist81 Monday 8/17/2009 at 05:51 AM | 52502
Ive had cd's; t-shirts; etc taken down by the scum at ebay and got their shitty prefab email notice about "why" my auctions were taken down. Its a headache but you just have to word things different next time you post them. Some new "code" words might work....Halloween shape mask? for example.

Yeah, me too...And I think you might be right.

Halloween Shape mask could be a good replacement for them.

They can't take them down for that.

They don't own the word shape or the likeness of a white mask.
DarkArtist81 Monday 8/17/2009 at 05:52 AM | 52504
i guess changing the name wont work accoridng to this posted from trancus on michaelmyers.net

Magic/Rubies/Cinema Secrets/Illuve Concepts then it is not a licensed mask and has no place on a respected very public auction te such as Ebay. I don't know where you get your information from, but you are not correct. Changing the name of the mask will not stop the violation, it's still looks like and is a Michael Myers mask and therefore is a violation of Ebay's DMCA policy.

thats from trancus who owns the ip rights.
oldskool Monday 8/17/2009 at 06:02 AM | 52508
That's bullshit. They don't own the Kirk likeness... so how can they own the rights to paint a Kirk white?

These bastards are playing hardball.

Well, I guess there isn't anything we can do.

Just hang back and sell under the table.

I will NEVER...EVER buy a licensed mask.

So if they think they will earn my cash from this move, or any other collectors... they are dead wrong.
DarkArtist81 Monday 8/17/2009 at 06:06 AM | 52510
Maybe we really should use the

term White Mask" from now on Seriously this sucks! I understand why great mask makers such as J.M. at N.O. doesn't have any posted on his catalog. Also S.M. at H.S.S. changed his te to avoid all this.
kaizu Monday 8/17/2009 at 06:10 AM | 52512
Yeah, I noticed that change as well.

A lot of sellers are keeping it off their tes now, or posting disclaimers.I guess it was going to happen eventually... I just hope that they don't start giving the mask makers hell.
DarkArtist81 Monday 8/17/2009 at 06:20 AM | 52516
I think once H2 comes and goes it'll ease up. Ebay is going to lose a TON of money if they institute these rules come october. Its so laughable because by virtue of a "rule" like this? then 75% of the crap sold on ebay shouldn't be.
ny ghoul Monday 8/17/2009 at 06:28 AM | 52518
Ditto.

They will see how it pans out.

And Rayman actually said in an email to a guy on MM.net that our community was so small and ingnificant that if we disappeared tomorrow it wouldn't hurt the license at all.

I can't believe that piece of shit said that.I guess he forgot how fans held the franchise afloat during the crap years, and the years without films.

How we buy multiple copies of films, books, cd's, etc.

For every mega fan, we buy the same amount of merch as at least 10 normal casual fans.

So if he thinks that is small and not important, he has another thing coming.

Long that, even in a community of only a few hundred... makes for a loss that is pretty zable.

And could be worse if we openly opposed him.
DarkArtist81 Monday 8/17/2009 at 03:17 PM | 52551
well i guess i can understand. if they do own the rights then they probably dont like other people making money of something that they own. i mean at least it makes sense.
customcritters Monday 8/17/2009 at 06:05 PM | 52568
i just tried to test the system and list a warlock mask never mentoining the name myers and ebay took it down and sent me this message.

The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy.The rights owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, Trancas International Films & Compass International Pictures, Inc., notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

A listing or item may violate intellectual property rights if the seller: - Uses a manufacturer's photo or item description - Lists a counterfeit or fake item - Lists illegal copies of media such as muc, movies, computer programs, and video games.

so i guess renaming the auction to something else doesnt help.
El Diablo Monday 8/17/2009 at 06:25 PM | 52572
That sucks....

But yeah, I knew it would happen.

They said even if it looks like Myers.I should draw a picture of Myers and try to sell it, see if that gets removed.

It's bacally the same thing... art that bears the image but not the name.I mean, imagine how sad the history of art would have been if the icons of the day had lawyers?

No grand paintings of Napoleon, no sculpture of Odysseus, No fall of Icarus paintings, Hell, what if the Bible were under copyright protection?

Can't sell images of Jesus?

My point is, that licensed items I can understand protecting... but going after a small community of artists and enthuasts is retarded.

As Rayman said himself, if we disappeared we wouldn't be missed or hurt the franchise at all.

If that is the case, why bother with us at all?

Why destroy art mply because it bears that likeness?

Who buys these masks?

That small community and few others.

Tell a random fan on the street about an H78 mask, and most will look at you confused and not understand.

It's self contained, and not a threat to them at all.

So IMO, it's just stupid to go after that small self contained universe.

None of the masks are marketed as Michael Myers masks, none are sold in stores, they don't get bought by the casual fans.

They are small runs of artwork, nothing more.

Most, at least 60% of masks available out there are based on something.

Like the Thriller bust, Jason masks everywhere, Pennywise, Dracula, Nosferatu, Frankenstein, Wolfman, Creature, various other slashers and monsters... the list goes on forever.

These are owned by someone, license wise... yet they get made.

Myers gets ngled out because of the insane prices that the masks go for.... plain and mple.

Greed got us here, greed is now taking us out.Thank god we can still deal under the table, in the shady places of cyberspace....

DarkArtist81 Monday 8/17/2009 at 07:22 PM | 52578

pamelavoorheesRIP Monday 8/17/2009 at 10:40 PM | 52586
while i am as upset about this as many of you are, and while free speech rules on this forum, racist remarks about akkads or anyones ethnicity will not be tolerated here

please keep it clean otherwise banning will ensue
Johnny Bisco Monday 8/17/2009 at 11:58 PM | 52593
Wouldn't want the Trancas mafia on my ass.

DrenTheLiar Tuesday 8/18/2009 at 12:32 AM | 52595
Does this mean I'm gonna have to go down to the shady part of town if I ever pick up a Myers?
chubacabra Tuesday 8/18/2009 at 01:02 AM | 52599