Forums Horror Collectibles
Ok so why are people dumpin myers masks now?

First off I want to say i dont really dig em I dig the movies just not the whole bac looking mask to each their own.

And just seeing one after another after another makes me want to punch myself in the dick

Now nce that is out there and you dont get confused about where im coming from let me ask you this

Why all of the sudden have like 4 people/studios/what ever the fuck they want to be called jumped off the myers bandwagon? from what ive been watching those are most people favorite and money makers

Ive read a few things here and there about licenng but isnt that how its always been?

I'm just trying to figure out what the deal is

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU KNOW! No I'm not drunk yet....
DWN Productions Friday 8/21/2009 at 07:46 PM | 52987
You are entirely too funny...lol

kweandee Friday 8/21/2009 at 09:05 PM | 52989
I couldnt have phrased a different question better!! I think the question is the answer... avoiding the hassle.
Cannibal-69 Friday 8/21/2009 at 11:49 PM | 52998
I mean really whats the hassle bedes doing hair workf or nigs who dont like to do hair work? I know somthing has to be going on some fruit loop is stomping out artists kinda like watchmen i guess but fuck them I roll with Bruce Banner.
DWN Productions Saturday 8/22/2009 at 03:30 AM | 53006
Thelicenng shit has gotten a lot worse in like the past week. Whoever owns the rights made eBay take down all the myers auctions so now people are covering their asses
chubacabra Saturday 8/22/2009 at 03:37 AM | 53007
Shits wack but understandable

I put up a skull maks on ebay a year or so ago and they sent Flint Marco over to kick my nuts up into my throat
DWN Productions Saturday 8/22/2009 at 03:46 AM | 53008
*Skrull
DWN Productions Saturday 8/22/2009 at 03:47 AM | 53009
Yeah, I don't get it either... People didn't start dumping on them until CGP fell apart.

That seemed to make everyone resent the mask and the huge mega fandom that had brought it to that level, that and the insanely expenve masks... Some mask makers are tired of it...

Now this whole Trancas tuation.

But I say fuck it...

If I were a mask maker, and I wanted to make a Myers... I just would.

And if it brought in money, fine.

But the primary thing I think creators should think about is that they need to make what they love to make.

Even if the market is weird or things go sour.

Make what you WANT, and let the chips fall where they may.

If you love White masks, make the damn things.

Don't let the crappy policies of others or let the fandom swallow you whole.

It's art, and art is best created out of love for something.I don't give a damn, I make what I enjoy... My figures ALL started that way.

Not out of a dere to get paid, nor did I avoid something because it had been done.

If I wanted to do it, I just did it.

If others wanted to buy it, cool.

If not, I at least did what I wanted.

That's actually why I love your masks man... they are out there and different... and ballsy pieces of art.

I have nothing but respect for any artist with that kind of integrity, they really don't seem to be made at the whims of the mob.

And that kicks all kinds of ass.

DarkArtist81 Saturday 8/22/2009 at 04:18 AM | 53010
thanks man shit means alot im with you on this I just hope this will get others to start making different things
DWN Productions Saturday 8/22/2009 at 04:36 AM | 53013
Yeah, I love Myers masks... but I would really like to see some original degns.

I love seeing the wild and crazy degns people come up.

Myers masks are great, but I am trying to diverfy.

DarkArtist81 Saturday 8/22/2009 at 01:53 PM | 53031
I think alot of my dinterest has been just I have come to be bored as sad as tthat is to say with the plain white mask. I love the details others do with the various other masks there are out there Myers04 is one of the only ones I have seen "origional" looks of Myers out there lately IMO.
cropsy Saturday 8/22/2009 at 02:53 PM | 53042
I mean really whats the hassle bedes doing hair workf or nigs who dont like to do hair work? I know somthing has to be going on some fruit loop is stomping out artists kinda like watchmen i guess but fuck them I roll with Bruce Banner.

I was referring to the hassle of dealing with the currently licenng issues, ie... cancelled ebay auctions, paypal refunds on merch that has already shipped, posble increased overhead if a plan is enacted to license certain independent companies....
Cannibal-69 Sunday 8/23/2009 at 02:35 PM | 53108
I'm a little confused by this thread cause I haven't seen any artist really "dump" Myers mask. Justin's still doing Myers, Nik's still going strong, Gary Mongar's still putting out just the same, and CGP/CCO is still doing stuff. Who has "dumped" Myers masks?
DrenTheLiar Sunday 8/23/2009 at 02:41 PM | 53110
I'm gonna keep on keepin on. I don't have everything tied up in MM so this is not hurting me much. Would be nice not to have to deal with it tho.
FaceDealers Monday 8/24/2009 at 01:50 AM | 53128
I took it more as fans who are dumping on Myers masks all of a sudden.

It seems like the "cool" thing to do these days... hate on Myers masks, etc.

DarkArtist81 Monday 8/24/2009 at 01:01 PM | 53139

I'm trying to slow down and slim down my Myers collection but that was a decion I made a good time before this Trancas crap happened. I am in no way dumping. I've mply become a more picky and "serious" collector.
DrenTheLiar Monday 8/24/2009 at 07:53 PM | 53167
Very well said Dren as I think that is a part of my thing on letting some of mine go. I am looking to get more "picky" on what i have in the collection.
cropsy Monday 8/24/2009 at 11:09 PM | 53180
Hell yeah... Dwn is some ck work, my only question is the obseson with dolemite? Im probably one of the few people here who knows of Rudy Ray Moore... and was wondering the relation between the "human tornado" mask,,,
Cannibal-69 Tuesday 8/25/2009 at 08:29 PM | 53231
trust me...your are not alone with your knowledge of blaxploitation films. To stay on topic though, I wasn't a fan of the myers masks before this happened and nothing has changed. I haven't noticed anyone dumping on the masks lately though...

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Wednesday 8/26/2009 at 01:20 AM | 53246
trust me...your are not alone with your knowledge of blaxploitation films. To stay on topic though, I wasn't a fan of the myers masks before this happened and nothing has changed. I haven't noticed anyone dumping on the masks lately though...

take care, Tommy

Tommy you are awesome lol. I dont think anyone is dumping... i think a lot of artist are afraid of being sued over copyright infringement... The can retroactively come after these guys and unfortunately from what i noticed ( i mean no offense by this ) Most of these guys are better mask makers that lawyers... There has been nothing illegal done, but from my understand people are under the assumption there has. Makers are dropping them, and fans are selling them with the assumption they are long the ability to sell them online or face copyright issues by adverting the sale as a "michael myers" mask.
Cannibal-69 Wednesday 8/26/2009 at 01:45 AM | 53247

I'm trying to slow down and slim down my Myers collection but that was a decion I made a good time before this Trancas crap happened. I am in no way dumping. I've mply become a more picky and "serious" collector.

I can understand that... I did the same thing with my figure collection... just had to prioritize.

For myself, I have made it a rule to not have that many multiple masks from any ngle film.

So I have 2 H2's, one H1, H3 set, and will try to only get one of each of the films I decide to collect.

The most I will do is 2 if they differ enough.But I am trying to get a more varied collection that isn't ENTIRELY Myers, so I understand what you mean there.
DarkArtist81 Wednesday 8/26/2009 at 02:05 AM | 53254
At this point if I keep dealing with people who are as rude as the one who sent me an email telling me how the stuff in my collection and what i am selling is trash and how I should be ashamed to have even listed it will get me right out of Myers all together. I admit my collection is not as nice as others but damn that is above and beyond being an asshole. Maybe it was just someoen wanting to piss me off of just a jerk but either way it seems to be getting more and more in the Myers hobby.
cropsy Thursday 8/27/2009 at 12:24 AM | 53300
At this point if I keep dealing with people who are as rude as the one who sent me an email telling me how the stuff in my collection and what i am selling is trash and how I should be ashamed to have even listed it will get me right out of Myers all together. I admit my collection is not as nice as others but damn that is above and beyond being an asshole. Maybe it was just someoen wanting to piss me off of just a jerk but either way it seems to be getting more and more in the Myers hobby.

I assume this is what pissed you off man? Dont sweat it broham, to be completely honest i havnt seen your entire collection but from what i have seen it is EXTREMELY impresve. You own a crofader dude!! They set out to release 10 and havnt even got all those out yet. That in itself is amazing! Dont make me send you one of those vinyl alien ball lickers to cheer you up, cause ill do it ;)
Cannibal-69 Thursday 8/27/2009 at 02:46 AM | 53310
Send away as I can't pass up free stuff to help my "crappy" collection. lol The worst part is I usually don't let stuff bug me like that but damn I guess it was the breaking point after a bunch of deathys in my familly and a few friends who were killed.
cropsy Thursday 8/27/2009 at 11:07 AM | 53323
At this point if I keep dealing with people who are as rude as the one who sent me an email telling me how the stuff in my collection and what i am selling is trash and how I should be ashamed to have even listed it will get me right out of Myers all together. I admit my collection is not as nice as others but damn that is above and beyond being an asshole. Maybe it was just someoen wanting to piss me off of just a jerk but either way it seems to be getting more and more in the Myers hobby. I saw your post.

Who ever said that should get their ass whipped

If he does that to you here that fellow shall be forever banned

High end or not a collection is a collection!
kaizu Thursday 8/27/2009 at 03:27 PM | 53329
Send away as I can't pass up free stuff to help my "crappy" collection. lol The worst part is I usually don't let stuff bug me like that but damn I guess it was the breaking point after a bunch of deathys in my familly and a few friends who were killed.

Ah man, im so sorry to here that brother. I know a thing or two about death and dying, and im sorry that your having to go through that. I know that greif and frustration can consume many

aspects of life. Correct me if im wrong Cropsy, but dont you have a masve collection?? I for some reason remember seeing a masve dvd and vhs collection, many masks, figures, posters, i mean... the real deal. Your collection makes mine look like crap ha ha. Either way man, myers.net folks can be dicks just for the sake of being dicks. We love you here, if there is ever anything you need man, dont be afraid to ask.
Cannibal-69 Thursday 8/27/2009 at 07:08 PM | 53336
At this point if I keep dealing with people who are as rude as the one who sent me an email telling me how the stuff in my collection and what i am selling is trash and how I should be ashamed to have even listed it will get me right out of Myers all together. I admit my collection is not as nice as others but damn that is above and beyond being an asshole. Maybe it was just someoen wanting to piss me off of just a jerk but either way it seems to be getting more and more in the Myers hobby. I saw your post.

Who ever said that should get their ass whipped

If he does that to you here that fellow shall be forever banned

High end or not a collection is a collection!

Ditto!

Anybody who is so high and mighty that they have to hate on another person's collection deserves what is coming to them.A collection isn't meant to stun others with it's total monetary value, or it's rarity.... it's about what you like and what you enjoy looking at everyday.

Those bastards that are so critical of others collections usually have something misng in their own lives.... They either need to get laid or they need to leave their Mom's basement long enough to let the sun touch their white asses.

Don't let them get to you bro, you have an army of crazy bastards here who got your back.

DarkArtist81 Thursday 8/27/2009 at 08:47 PM | 53339
Thank you all. It is not often i let alot get to me and I hate to ever let stuff like this happen. I am a very private man 99% of the time but I must say what has gone on as much as I hate to. I do not say any of this for pitty at all but here is what has gone down. I lost two friends over a stupid woman(no offense meant to women as I would have said a stupid man if it had been over a guy) as two kids killed them and the scary part was my brother lives right behind these two who were killed. I then found out the next day that I lost an aunt who was always great to me. In a few days later lost an uncle. I have also lost my job months ago right after my daughter was born due to the backstabbing at the place I work all due to me kicking the guys @ss in sales. I was around $16,000 ahead of him in sales with me being the rookie it made him look bad plus my manager knew I had most likely my second hernia and decided it was time to fire me instead of letting me take care of it and come back like I did the first time. This may all seem pathetic and petty to some but it has gotten to me and the other day unfortunately I took it out here as this is one of the best places to hang out(don't let it go to your head Justin even though I don't think it can get bigger as big as it is now. lol) Once again I want to say sorry to all for going off like that and thank you all for the support.Oh pics of the "trash" collection will be comming soon nce this guy pissed me off. lol
cropsy Thursday 8/27/2009 at 09:25 PM | 53341
Don't be hating on Myers...
Matthew Mayhem Saturday 8/29/2009 at 01:47 AM | 53415
Don't be hating on Myers...wow man...NICE pic/mask!
ny ghoul Saturday 8/29/2009 at 01:54 AM | 53416
Thanks brudda
Matthew Mayhem Saturday 8/29/2009 at 02:08 AM | 53421