Forums Horror Collectibles
Myers Lovers HATE The Prop Shop!? READ!

Ok, I am a fan of The Halloween series on Facebook. On their wall they posted a link for the new Offical HALLOWEEN II Myers Mask. I posted a comment saying "That looks horrible! That's why I bought mine from The Prop Shop" then I posted a link for the te. My comment was removed and another comment was added saying "DO NOT post links for Michael Myers bootleg masks!" I was also blocked from adding stuff to their wall and commenting on their wall.

I know someone would just say "It's not that big of a deal!" but I thought it was pretty rude and whoever controls that Facebook page acted like a child. Who knows? I thought whoever it was would support anything Michael Myers. Is there something I'm not getting?
HorrorFreak Friday 9/04/2009 at 06:25 PM | 53915
The company that owns the rights to Myers (TRANCAS) has "taken action" to stop indie masks from being sold. People are just laying low. Theres been a few posts about it here and on other halloween or mask forums.
ny ghoul Friday 9/04/2009 at 07:14 PM | 53917
Oooooohhh!! Thanks so much for replying! I may have to have someone I know on Facebook ask the HalloweenMovies page to unblock me. I didn't know about the tuation.
HorrorFreak Friday 9/04/2009 at 08:01 PM | 53921
Ok, I am a fan of The Halloween series on Facebook. On their wall they posted a link for the new Offical HALLOWEEN II Myers Mask. I posted a comment saying "That looks horrible! That's why I bought mine from The Prop Shop" then I posted a link for the te. My comment was removed and another comment was added saying "DO NOT post links for Michael Myers bootleg masks!" I was also blocked from adding stuff to their wall and commenting on their wall.

Well that was fuckin rude....so instead of mply removing the link or messanging you saying why or anything they block you and insult independent maskmakers lol retarded

kweandee Friday 9/04/2009 at 09:22 PM | 53924
I guess the ywant us to waste our money on cheap, bad lookink, mass-produced masks. Not saying all mass-produced masks look bad, I've seen a couple good looking ones. But it was very rude. Now I just hope they don't do something to Casey and/or The Prop Shop...
HorrorFreak Friday 9/04/2009 at 09:28 PM | 53925
I agree it is rude to not at least say why they removed it but honestly I am not shocked anymore by it. Trancas has taken a stance where it seem to me and I am trying to be polite in saying "seems" that they just don't care about any of the fans but really it isn't the fans they don't care about it is more the "die-hard" fans IMO. It has gotten to be one of them things where they don't seem to understand that all of us "die-hard" fans are the "true or real" fans of this series and we buy more then enough merchandise to not have them worry about the indie mask makers and if they hate it that the indie mask makers are making money off of it get some of them on board as "lisenced" merchandise and we can all enjoy the stuff released.
cropsy Saturday 9/05/2009 at 12:38 AM | 53939
the liscensed stuff all looks like turd nuggets anyways
Johnny Bisco Saturday 9/05/2009 at 02:55 AM | 53957
I don't care for liscenced crap when it comes to slasher films. They never looked good nor they ever will be.

That's why we have the indy mask/prop scene and these tes to support them. It wouldn't be fun if everyone on the block had the same item.

Indy items make us geeks stand out,he he he... Hail to the underground!
kaizu Saturday 9/05/2009 at 09:46 AM | 53979
I removed myself from the fans on Facebook. Whoever operates the page knows that Casey's masks look 100% better than the official mass-produced masks.
HorrorFreak Saturday 9/05/2009 at 11:17 AM | 53980
OVERDONEWITHGONE
Bridge Saturday 9/05/2009 at 09:04 PM | 54003
The guy the runs the page over there is Trancas's web master, Brian Rayman.

And your right, he is a rude, hypocritical (give that he owns replica and once ran a replica mask fan te) and completly unprofesonal.
zephro Sunday 9/06/2009 at 05:15 AM | 54050