Forums Off Topic
Something I've been thinking about.

To be honest with all of you, I'm getting ck of all the bickering over the new shit. I remember when I first joined MM.net all we did was post our masks, no fighting saying this sucks or that sucks. We just shut up and enjoyed it. Now look, all it is now is arrogant opinions flying left and right. RZ's Halloweens still are pure crap to me but really, I'd like to get back to just enjoying this hobby again and seeing some great pieces. The Myers mask world has become somewhat of a trash can with all the drama over the present direction of the franchise and I hope to get maybe one or two more white masks and be done for a while so I can get many other great things that I would love to have and have been dying to have.

Us "purists" (as I will call us) will always have and bow down to the original H1. You RZ fans can have your remake and H2. To me, they don't exist. And now that I think about it, why do we really want anymore Halloweens? More memorabilia? No thanks, I'll stick to collecting stuff from the first 5, the only ones I want memorabilia from. Sure, I'll still give my unchanging 2 cents about RZ and his trash but what I've just said is really how I feel. This place is somewhat like what MM.net used to be, just us collectors posting our stuff and enjoying it. I told Justin that I hope this place grows and I really do. I'd like to see it become as busy and big as MM.net (just with less BS). This is a great all around horror te and I really enjoy it here.
DrenTheLiar Sunday 9/13/2009 at 03:32 AM | 54587
The problem is IMO that people have screwed this whole hobby or I should say more the Halloween part of the hobby by claiming people are "purists" or "true" fans. That is all a bunch of B/S IMO as who the hell died and left anyone the one to decide who was a "real" fan and who wasn't. To me this hobby and the Halloween franchise should be about the love for Myers and all that comes with it be it Rob Zombie's veron or the old veron. The crap of "I have the best masks or I own the most expenve is stupid as hell to me. I get so tired of seeing people bash the "new guy" who's collection is only mass produced masks as if that mask was so "pathetic" that it shouldn't have been posted. As long as that person enjoys the mask they have or whatever stuff they own from the Halloween franchise should be a great thing to all. No it doesn't have to be something you love but why bash it and discourage a new fan away from this franchise? Isn't it better to welcome them in and encourage them and try to show them some of the "better" stuff out there so they can enjoy it like us? I have always looked at it as any fan with just one old vhs copy of Halloween or the guy who has most every item ever from this film is just as important. I know this may have come across as rambling but seeing the post I had to add my 2 cents in on how I feel about alot of this. MM.net doesn't compare to this place in my honest opinion and that is no shot at that te or anyone there but more due to the way this place is run.
cropsy Sunday 9/13/2009 at 11:51 AM | 54605
OVERDONEWITHGONE
Bridge Sunday 9/13/2009 at 12:52 PM | 54609
thats the real difference. this place is ran so much different. you can tell they actually care about the members and that trickles down to the way each of us act. it's weird that it works that way but it does. booman is always joking around and having a good time and i think that rubs off on a lot of us. its so much lighter feeling here, like you can say something with an opinion and people dont blow up at you. the problem is i dont think the pure myers mask de of things will ever chance. its too broken unless horrorbid focuses solely on it but i hope they never take that route. i always love seeing myers stuff but there is life outde of myers that i really enjoy.
customcritters Sunday 9/13/2009 at 02:31 PM | 54612
thats the real difference. this place is ran so much different. you can tell they actually care about the members and that trickles down to the way each of us act. it's weird that it works that way but it does. booman is always joking around and having a good time and i think that rubs off on a lot of us. its so much lighter feeling here, like you can say something with an opinion and people dont blow up at you. the problem is i dont think the pure myers mask de of things will ever chance. its too broken unless horrorbid focuses solely on it but i hope they never take that route. i always love seeing myers stuff but there is life outde of myers that i really enjoy.

Exactly. This place is so general and not focused solely on the white mask so there is less BS.
DrenTheLiar Sunday 9/13/2009 at 03:37 PM | 54614
I agree with cropsy on the whole "purist" thing.

I haven't seen H2 yet, but I enjoyed the first remake, and yet I still conder myself a true fan of the original.

I get a kick out of posts that attempt to segregate fans into these imaginary categories that people have somehow fooled themselves into thinking exist.

I've seen it happen in a few different ways.

The first is the "remake rule" . . . if you like the remake, you're obviously not a true Halloween fan.

The other is what I call the "all or nothing rule" . . . if you don't like all of the sequels, then

you're obviously not a true Halloween fan.

Newsflash, I'd venture to guess that 99.999% of the people who frequent these boards conder themselves true Halloween fans, regardless of what other opinions may be.

Also, for someone who says that the RZ films don't exist to him, you sure do talk about them an awful lot, and you always seem to be one of the main offenders when it comes to all the arguing and name-calling over the new movies.

I know this post may come across as assholish, but I'd hate to see all the RZ drama start over here as well, and a post like this is definitely not a step in the right direction if you truly are "getting ck of all the bickering over the new shit."
gummi Sunday 9/13/2009 at 10:58 PM | 54632
All I'm saying is I wish everyone would just shut up and post their shit.

To put it very plainly.
DrenTheLiar Sunday 9/13/2009 at 11:57 PM | 54636
I agree with cropsy on the whole "purist" thing.

I haven't seen H2 yet, but I enjoyed the first remake, and yet I still conder myself a true fan of the original.

I get a kick out of posts that attempt to segregate fans into these imaginary categories that people have somehow fooled themselves into thinking exist.

I've seen it happen in a few different ways.

The first is the "remake rule" . . . if you like the remake, you're obviously not a true Halloween fan.

The other is what I call the "all or nothing rule" . . . if you don't like all of the sequels, then

you're obviously not a true Halloween fan.

Newsflash, I'd venture to guess that 99.999% of the people who frequent these boards conder themselves true Halloween fans, regardless of what other opinions may be.

Also, for someone who says that the RZ films don't exist to him, you sure do talk about them an awful lot, and you always seem to be one of the main offenders when it comes to all the arguing and name-calling over the new movies.

I know this post may come across as assholish, but I'd hate to see all the RZ drama start over here as well, and a post like this is definitely not a step in the right direction if you truly are "getting ck of all the bickering over the new shit."

Great post brother....

Dren you said a lot of good things but yet you still made it clear that you will hold true to your elitist stance on things and not compromise. Whats a "purist"? Ive been a horror film freak nce the late 1970's and have been obsessed with HALLOWEEN for almost three decades. To me its THE horror film to end all horrors. I love HII and HIV as well. Fast forward to the 2000's and I really liked RZ's films. Does that separate me from the "purists"?

many horror guys I know wouldn't be caught dead seeing "Sorority Row" a film you stated you'd go see. They'd call you a poser.

The point we need to focus on (and Dren you did mention it as did the other guys) is that despite WHAT Halloween film we may like best; despite what masks we collect; despite what our top 10 horrors are...WE"RE ALL HORROR FIENDS! we're a grain of sand on the earth and how cool is it that we've got a place here to congregate and share our pason!

HB stands above other forums because theres a real sense of friendship here and theres a respect that is always maintained. We've seen it here before many times too that while this is a horror te members have been able to stop in and post things about the other de of life...family problems; work problems; etc.

lets all keep things going strong here and if anything use places like MM as a learning experience. peace guys
ny ghoul Monday 9/14/2009 at 12:05 AM | 54637
I wasn't proclaiming myself a purist. I meant it in a way that it's what others may call me.

As far as Soririty Row and remakes, I'm not for them or against them but when it comes to my grail, Halloween, I will get defenve (as many of you have seen time and time again ).

My point in saying all this is to inspire to move on, not start arguments, so please don't it that way anyone. But like I said, I will still continue to verbally tear Mr. Cummings a new a**hole.

DrenTheLiar Monday 9/14/2009 at 12:37 AM | 54642
I have to say this is by far the best board out there. I used to be a Mod on another board that I held very dear until one of the other guys who was a Mod decided it was fun to change my posts to entertain himself. I found this very rude especially nce it was about the painting my g/f had done for me and a few others before that. I don't see the childish games here or the elite status type of deal I see on way to many boards. That was for the longest time what made me enjoy the old board I was on all the time. This place has become my "home" mply cause of the fact I don't have to feel afraid to state my opinions on movies and feel like I will be jumped on by the ones who are the "true" fans and so on. I Personally find most of the Halloween films to have flaws but don't let that get in the way of my enjoyment of Myers. I think The Burning is by far the best horror film out there and would even trade so much of my Halloween stuff for more memorabillia from that film. I would certainly hope that doesn't make me less of a fan of Halloween or horror in general.
cropsy Monday 9/14/2009 at 01:31 AM | 54643
Evildsm Monday 9/14/2009 at 10:46 PM | 54704
:roll:

The only person starting drama would be you, with that attitude.

Sarcasm like that is not the response I intended for this. People seem to not understand that.
DrenTheLiar Tuesday 9/15/2009 at 08:22 PM | 54757

Sarcasm like that is not the response I intended for this. People seem to not understand that.

Whatever you say dude... You don't like it when someone is sarcastic back, eh?
Evildsm Tuesday 9/15/2009 at 08:33 PM | 54758
dren i think was trying to start fresh here. i dont know what kind of past you have dren but ive never seen anything from you that was out of line.
El Diablo Tuesday 9/15/2009 at 08:34 PM | 54760
dren i think was trying to start fresh here. i dont know what kind of past you have dren but ive never seen anything from you that was out of line.

I'm glad someone sees the point but as far as this thread goes I am finished. I cannot further explain myself any better.
DrenTheLiar Tuesday 9/15/2009 at 08:37 PM | 54762

I'm glad someone sees the point but as far as this thread goes I am finished. I cannot further explain myself any better.

well thats just my two cents. thats how the post came off to me but i really dont know you guys very well yet. i will say this sometimes your reputation can proceed you but i think its cool that your making an effort to point out past flaws.
El Diablo Tuesday 9/15/2009 at 08:39 PM | 54763

I think one of the biggest problems is with people not being able to let things go. I wish everyone would be more willing to let others have an opinion, instead of feeling like they have to comment on everything that they disagree with. Think about how many arguments that would avoid. Dren, you could have just let Mike post that smiley,

but instead told him why he shouldn't have done it. That will more than likely cause a problem, which this thread is trying to make a point to avoid. It takes two des to start an argument, even the person who is right. My advice, is that if you're the kind of person who wants less BS, don't provoke it. Just let things fly. Let people post their opinions and just let them be.

I don't mean you can't have an opinion, I'm just saying... let the other guy have one too. People are naturally going to disagree... just leave it there.

I understand that it's not everyone's nature to be so pasve, but if you want a peaceful forum with less bickering, you should really practice what you preach.

Now let's continue to keep this civil.
Myers31TKD Tuesday 9/15/2009 at 08:49 PM | 54765

I think one of the biggest problems is with people not being able to let things go. I wish everyone would be more willing to let others have an opinion, instead of feeling like they have to comment on everything that they disagree with. Think about how many arguments that would avoid. Dren, you could have just let Mike post that smiley,

but instead told him why he shouldn't have done it. That will more than likely cause a problem, which this thread is trying to make a point to avoid. It takes two des to start an argument, even the person who is right. My advice, is that if you're the kind of person who wants less BS, don't provoke it. Just let things fly. Let people post their opinions and just let them be.

I don't mean you can't have an opinion, I'm just saying... let the other guy have one too. People are naturally going to disagree... just leave it there.

I understand that it's not everyone's nature to be so pasve, but if you want a peaceful forum with less bickering, you should really practice what you preach.

Now let's continue to keep this civil.

i think your right myers31tkd. just let things slide. it makes the person that posts something stupid (not saying your post was evildsm) but it makes them look bad rather than responding. we all can judge for outselves and say that guys out of line and so fourth. that way it avoids an argument and it makes you look good but i understand its hard to let things slide. sometimes you just want to call people on there crap.

but it never accomplishes anything in my experience. it just leads to name calling.
El Diablo Tuesday 9/15/2009 at 08:59 PM | 54766
Ok, I guess I should explain myself a little more to help all of us understand my frustrations.

Most of the drama that goes on in the "other" forum has one thing in common.

People get high and mighty behind the computer and tend to mouth off at other members because they don't share the same views that they do.

You have voiced your opinion towards RZ on multiple occaons but to constantly go into a thread where someone said they like the movie and constantly throw your opinion into their face is ridiculous.

You have to admit that you did at times go overboard...

I keep saying "lack of respect for other members and authority."

This has been proven to be correct in multiple threads AND multiple forums.

Rules are set by the moderators and should be followed without question.

Especially something mple like "no cusng/keeping it to a minimal."

Yes I understand that if we watch a movie that has cusng in it, then we should be allowed to read a forum with cusng but that doesn't change the fact that the moderating team have decided to run the te that way.

No way around it man, get over it.

(It's like coming on here and starting a thread to cuss booman out and wanting larger limits on the avatars)

Why must you constantly be an attention whore and try to go against the grain?

Are you trying to gain some sort of popularity?

If so, this isn't a popularity contest.

In fact, it just makes people look down on you and not want to read a thread if your name is the last one that responded.

You were banned because you crossed the line and broke some rules.

Ok, get over it and learn from it.

Why would you come on here and try to play it off as if you want things to be the way they used to be?

(Drama free)

Well, it would be if you would tone it down a bit and show a little respect.

You show that you didn't learn anything from your banning by posting up threads like this talking about "purists"...blah blah blah

Why would you go and try to make it seem as if you are the shit and people are below you?

Tell me I'm making sense....

I KNOW FOR A FACT that I am not the only person who thinks this way.
Evildsm Tuesday 9/15/2009 at 09:11 PM | 54767
Look if you guys (Matt and Mike) have a problem with each other, please settle it through PMs, Email, hand-written letters, or over a spot of tea at your mothers' house... but PLEASE don't clutter THIS board with your arguments. Keep the personal shit what it is... personal.

Thanks.
Myers31TKD Tuesday 9/15/2009 at 09:16 PM | 54768
^^ will do..
Evildsm Tuesday 9/15/2009 at 09:36 PM | 54771
I could go for the tea, how about you r?
DrenTheLiar Tuesday 9/15/2009 at 09:38 PM | 54772
Lets get our nails and hair done up all pretty like... Check your PM.

Im sure we can get to the bottom of both of or frustrations.

(Sorry HB)
Evildsm Tuesday 9/15/2009 at 09:43 PM | 54775
Thanks to everybody involved in being so cool about this.

Often these threads have a tendency to get way out of hand but you ALL did the right thing.

HorrorBid does still focus on the white mask at times but Justin and I have been working very hard to grow beyond that.

We will ALWAYS welcome Myers fans and collectibles, we just want to offer a place for fans of ANYTHING Horror . . . Slasher, clascs, zombies, etc.

We've still got a LONG way to go but our hope is to become more diverse for all collectors' needs (myers included).

Other opinions are more than cool, they are welcomed with open arms here . . . however name calling (in a non-playful manner), provoking posts and verbal slander is not tolerated at all (as most of you already know this).

In the past some people have told Booman and myself that we are censoring people's right to say what they want and suppresng their expreson of their feelings . . . and that's true partially.

Because we are on here talking and joking so much (which is unusual in most forums), at times some members forget we own the forum/te.

They forget that what we say goes . . . if we are censoring people it's our choice because we own the te.

Not trying to sound all high and mighty, just saying that we do what we feel is right to keep the fun atmosphere and if that requires some "censoring" than so be it.

We are guardians of this place we created and we will do what it takes to protect our investment.

Plus, we almost always consult with our mods so if Booman and myself come up with a crazy scheme we'll most likely run it past them.

We take their opinions seriously.

Even at times if we decided to go against mod recommendation and instead we should have taken their advice, it gives them something to rag us about (Cough, Forum clong down April Fools )

Booman and myself have put so much time into this place, so much energy, so much of ourselves you just can't know what it takes unless you go through the process.

When I first started I had NO clue it was going to take so much work.

However, you guys make it ALL worth the while and I'd do it again (yep, I'd even move 1/4 the way across the country again).

So if you feel censored know that it's just us (mods included) trying to keep a fun, entertaining place for you guys to share in your love for Horror.

We won't always do the perfect job but we'll try our best!

My speech is over (didn't mean to go on and on but when you get on a role

)
DaShape Wednesday 9/16/2009 at 01:09 AM | 54783
Very well said!
Dunge44 Wednesday 9/16/2009 at 01:13 AM | 54784