Forums Horror Collectibles
CONTACTED BY US CUSTOMS ABOUT SHIPPING PACKAGES

I just wanted to give everyone the heads up when shipping packages to Canada. Like everyone else I was shipping boxes out of the country and marking them at 50.00 value and as a t. I was contacted by US Customs asking why nce my webte has my masks marked at a certain value am I making them down at 50.00? I was also asked how come most of my packages are ts? I was then told that if I continue to try to get around customs charges I would be investigated and fined. From what I understand Quiet on the Set Scott got the same phone call.

Be careful how you send your out of the country packages!!!
HorrorSanctum Wednesday 9/16/2009 at 06:21 PM | 54819
wow i never marked anything as a t but usually marked the price lower than what was paid

also the reason i think they would come after you is because you are condered as helping the canadian in tax fraud nce i believe they are supposed to pay tax on any out of country purchases

i could be wrong though................
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 9/16/2009 at 08:34 PM | 54824
wow i never marked anything as a t but usually marked the price lower than what was paid

also the reason i think they would come after you is because you are condered as helping the canadian in tax fraud nce i believe they are supposed to pay tax on any out of country purchases

EH I think I just won the "Screw with Sam" lottery that's all.
HorrorSanctum Wednesday 9/16/2009 at 08:55 PM | 54826
well this is good information either way. i always have trouble shipping overseas and to canada for some reason.
El Diablo Wednesday 9/16/2009 at 09:02 PM | 54828

You're not wrong...that's it exactly

Those damn troublemaking Canadians...
lblambert Wednesday 9/16/2009 at 09:12 PM | 54832
That sucks to hear sam and as Lee said it is them darn trouble making Canadians. They used to try and get us to make out two sales slips for them when they bought flooring or furniniture from me. They wanted one with a much lower price on it to avoid the Duty Tax they have to pay. It is so rediculous but just shows how much both goverments want to tax the crap out of everyone.
cropsy Wednesday 9/16/2009 at 09:39 PM | 54836
They wanted one with a much lower price on it to avoid the Duty Tax they have to pay. It is so rediculous but just shows how much both goverments want to tax the crap out of everyone.

It is ridiculous. I've never asked anyone to falfy a customs form but at the same time if they offer I won't say no. In a normal month I ealy spend anywhere from $300-$500 on import taxes alone.
lblambert Wednesday 9/16/2009 at 10:07 PM | 54839
They wanted one with a much lower price on it to avoid the Duty Tax they have to pay. It is so rediculous but just shows how much both goverments want to tax the crap out of everyone.

It is ridiculous. I've never asked anyone to falfy a customs form but at the same time if they offer I won't say no. In a normal month I ealy spend anywhere from $300-$500 on import taxes alone.

Damn...

kweandee Wednesday 9/16/2009 at 10:17 PM | 54840
All I can suggest is, never NEVER send 6 "TS" to Canada all at the same time.

Ship boxes at different times if you can...that way they won't get to customs all at once.
HorrorSanctum Wednesday 9/16/2009 at 10:29 PM | 54841
Thanks for the warning Sam, I ship things over seas quite a bit (and to Canada occaonally as well) and I mark them as ts often.

I'm now awaiting my phone call I guess.
DaShape Thursday 9/17/2009 at 01:44 AM | 54856

It is ridiculous. I've never asked anyone to falfy a customs form but at the same time if they offer I won't say no. In a normal month I ealy spend anywhere from $300-$500 on import taxes alone. good lord my rent is 600 a month lol
Johnny Bisco Thursday 9/17/2009 at 03:36 AM | 54870
gummi Thursday 9/17/2009 at 07:31 AM | 54875
Dont bullshit with custom..same is here in Europe. If you put the wrong number on the package they will took it...yes, they will took it!
Klempo Thursday 9/17/2009 at 01:49 PM | 54884
That is a crazy amount Lee for anyone to have to send on top of what they already paid. I know IMO it is worth it to get what you want but enough is enough to with these people ripping us off with more and more taxes.
cropsy Thursday 9/17/2009 at 10:37 PM | 54909