Forums Horror Collectibles
a comment i left on halloweenmovies.com

i left this on there under their blog about the new RZ mask, it says its awaiting moderation but i doubt they will put it up nce im not towing the company line

here it is............... when will someone, anyone bring out a licensed mask that actually LOOKS like what was in the movies?????

the same crap that comes out every year does not look ANYTHING like what is in the movies. the original mask was a kirk and none of these poor masks look anything like the original myers. i mean come on go to a halloween store or spencers pick up one of these and look at them compared to a still from h1, 2, 4, 5, 6, h20. bzzzzzzzzt they look nothing like them, cinema secrets probably got the ressurection mask correct but that mask was horrid anyway.

Myers is supposed to invoke fear and be scary, none of these liscensed masks are any of that, they look cheesy and goofy.

last years RZ mask was ok but nothing to write home about the rot marks did NOT match what was in the movie the paint job was less than stellar(and why did they add the furry eyebrows? THE MASK DIDNT HAVE ANY!!!!!!)

the paint job on this one is too white and again the rot marks are off. it looks plastic.

trancas has been clamping down on indie mask makers as of late which is their right to do so but maybe if they would license GOOD masks that actually look the the real deal then maybe the very artists that they are fighting wouldnt be making the masks. obviously the hardcore fans and collectors want something that looks legit and accurate but they will never be catered to.

it seems that you would rather put out a white mask with a bad hair job that will fall out when the wind blows and rake in 30 to 50 bucks a pop during september and october on those who dont pay attention to anything other than it saying Halloween on the tag "ooooh im going to be Michael Myers this year yay!" then throw them away after their party is over.

if thats what trancas wants to sell and license, fine but how about making some higher end masks for those of us who want the real deal and are willing to PAY higher prices for something that is screen accurate? that is why the indie mask makers came about, because they are fans too and didnt like seeing the non myers looking mass produced masks that were coming out year after year. this one being no exception.

come on guys its time to step up to the plate think about how much money you are misng out on!!!!!!
Johnny Bisco Saturday 9/19/2009 at 12:25 PM | 54990
Good post Johnny!! The guys on that te should stand up and speak against the trash that is being sold. I have a feeling that the majority of the fans hang out there nce it's an official te, am I correct? It would be great to see an upring

kaizu Saturday 9/19/2009 at 12:50 PM | 54991
Couldn't agree more. I flame that junk every chance I get.
FaceDealers Saturday 9/19/2009 at 02:12 PM | 54995
well if you guys want to join in the fun...........................

href="http://halloweenmovies.com/latestnews/?p=675">http://halloweenmovies.com/latestnews/?p=675
Johnny Bisco Saturday 9/19/2009 at 02:36 PM | 54996
Great comment...although like you said they probably won't post it.

kweandee Saturday 9/19/2009 at 03:23 PM | 55001
Of course they won't post something as well stated as that was. They hate to admit it seems that the product they put ut is not up to par for most fans. I so wish they would realize we just want something that really does look the same as the film and as Bisco said we would even be willing to pay more for the masks and other product to be acurate. I don't see any upring over there either as I find it to be a Iron Fist type of rule if you speak out against stuff like that.
cropsy Saturday 9/19/2009 at 07:33 PM | 55025
well its been over 24 hours and it still says my comment is awaiting moderation

i guess they dont look at comments very often or they are leaving it in limbo
Johnny Bisco Sunday 9/20/2009 at 11:19 AM | 55057
That is pathetic that they can't either post it or deny it. I wouldn't be shocked to see it left in limbo until the cows come home.
cropsy Sunday 9/20/2009 at 02:52 PM | 55061
this just in.........................

they actually posted my comment (and des's as well) it too forever but they did

go ahead guys go over there and pile on these turds over this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Bisco Friday 9/25/2009 at 09:41 AM | 55269
Wow....didn't think they would lol.

kweandee Friday 9/25/2009 at 10:37 AM | 55270