Forums Horror Collectibles
Recently finished horror masks- Leatherface & Jason masks

*UPDATE- Newer items posted at the bottom of the page.

I have sculpted small things before and appliances but this is only my second attempt at a full head mask. My first attempt was also a leatherface mask. I started working on this mask awhile ago but haven't had time to finish it until now. I used the orange peel method to do the texturing for the first time and I think it turned out better than my first try at texturing. I'll be molding it within a day or two so hopefully I'll be posting pictures of the first pull soon. Let me know what you guys think. Also I'm making a replica of the tie leatherface wears in the original TCM movie to wear for halloween.

Here is a reference so you know I was going for.

weaponx Monday 9/21/2009 at 01:11 AM | 55077
Looks good so far.
cropsy Monday 9/21/2009 at 05:38 PM | 55097
Pretty good,

Best advice i could give you is to do something you like... but do something new. By you creating a TCM mask you are immediately competing with some major artists and companies with alot od experience and talent. Try something more original. I recommend checking out the thread of the "top 10 mask that need to be made" you can find some great ideas for future projects that if done correctly, will set you on your own.

Great start though, seems like the sculpt is solid.
Cannibal-69 Tuesday 9/22/2009 at 09:34 AM | 55139
Thanks for the comments.

To Cannibal-69, Why leave it to them when it's so much more fun to compete. I have great confidence in myself and my abilities so why not? I haven't seen a ngle original TCM mask that I found to be worth my money. I understand what you mean about doing original degns but I do these first for myself then for others. I want to complete my own costumes and also create a nice collection and if I can provide good products that others will enjoy then I think it's worth it. Anyway, I would never become a big guy with a lot of experience and talent if I just t by the de lines and watch them complete their dream projects.

and here is the first finished mask.

weaponx Wednesday 9/23/2009 at 10:46 PM | 55203
I figured I would post the rest of my recently finished masks in this thread to save time. I finshing these for some friends who asked about the differant characters and

wanted to do a big themed halloween party this year. For the jason masks I added industrial spandex bands but these pictures were taken before they were attached. And the leatherface mask

is alittle darker in person but just got washed out by my light. Let me know what you think.

weaponx Thursday 10/01/2009 at 12:45 AM | 55531
GREAT WORK!!!!!!!! are you going to be selling the TCM pretty lady masks??? if so how much. i REALLY dig that man. Way to go!!!!!
ny ghoul Thursday 10/01/2009 at 01:55 AM | 55542
Thank you very much ny ghoul! I am selling these for $60.00 + shipping as of right now. If you have any questions just PM and I'll respond as quicky as posble.
weaponx Thursday 10/01/2009 at 05:12 AM | 55550
Very interesting look of the finished product and certainly look like a good price for it also.
cropsy Saturday 10/03/2009 at 07:06 PM | 55700
Thank you. And I'm not in buness to bankrupt others. I just want to provide good products for a good price.
weaponx Saturday 10/03/2009 at 11:29 PM | 55711