Nightmare on Elm Street Teaser!!!

Oh yeah
href="http://www.myspace.com/trailerpark">http://www.myspace.com/trailerpark
BornOfFire Monday 9/28/2009 at 04:50 AM | 55395
Looks like a complete remake though it looks very promisng

I can't wait to see this. I dig the new Freddy look

And that glove
kaizu Monday 9/28/2009 at 05:20 AM | 55396
hmmmm.... there is like 90% of this trailer that makes me think this is going in the right direction. Its darker, its will have faithful scenes to the original...

HOWEVER there is a small voice in my head that represents that other 10%...

Im scared that they will do what FvsJ did... and what RZ H1 did... this movie might try and make us feel "bad" for the killer. Which is a horrible idea in my opnion.

The line "What do you think I did? I didnt do anything" has me thinking that Fred isnt a killer, but was set up. and decides to get revenge on the parent's kids...

I hope Im wrong. I dont want to feel bad for Fred and think that "Well he deserves to get revenge"

FvsJ tried to make Jason the "hero" by making his childhood look so bad, and really focus on Jason being "wronged"

I just pray this isnt the case. I dont think our "Monsters" need to be understood

I do like the face and voice...
clownnation Monday 9/28/2009 at 05:28 AM | 55397
I welcome the posble slant of Freddy being wrongly accused. It always bothered me that one of my favourite movie monsters was a child killer/molester. I know thats what Craven based his character on but its a taboo I personally cant look past. Otherwise...great trailer! CK glove!
ny ghoul Monday 9/28/2009 at 06:14 AM | 55403
I think this looks as proming as all the other remakes that i've seen ade from Carpenter's Thing and Cronenberg's Fly, which is bacally poor attempts at recreating already established movies for the sole purpose of making money.
Horror Drunk Wednesday 9/30/2009 at 02:50 AM | 55502
Again not quite sold on the look & glad they are still adjusting the voice. Man I miss Englund already! But still looking forward to this though!
Hordak Friday 10/23/2009 at 05:22 PM | 56891
I actually like the idea of making him wrongfully accused.

That makes him an almost tragic character.

He was probably a dark guy anyway, but once he was killed for something he didn't do... that only makes him more justified for killing the children of those who wronged him.

It may not be the clascal reasoning for why Freddy was who he was... but it's a neat idea.

And I am glad they are adjusting the voice, I wasn't really all that happy with it in the teaser.
DarkArtist81 Friday 10/23/2009 at 08:08 PM | 56902
Yeah I am still unsure on my feelings about the change to the Fred Krueger character being wrongfully accused. Has it been said that its definitely a a fact or just what we are being lead to believe?
Hordak Monday 10/26/2009 at 02:18 PM | 57063