Who isn’t intrigued by those rare pieces of cinematic 411 that often feel more fiction than fact? Consumers get a masve kick out of rare facts surrounding their favorite horror flicks, and I am no exception: In fact, I often find ridiculous entertainment in these obscure tidbits of info, and I figured, maybe you will too, so why not put together a list of 25 lesser known facts of horror?
Check out this series of little known facts, and don’t for a ngle moment hetate to add any secretive information you yourself may possess! We want to know what few others do!
1. Betsy Palmer initially passed on the role of Pamella Voorhees but took the job after her Mercedes died and she needed a new car.
2. Clint Eastwood's very first film shot was the horror movie “Tarantula”. He depicted a pilot with a face mask.
3. Boris Karloff was the initial inspiration for the face of Marvels early INCREDIBLE HULK character.
4. It’s been rumored that Writer/Director Wes Craven got the inspiration for the name 'Freddy Krueger' from a childhood bully, when in fact, the inspiration for the name comes from a string of stories run in the Los Angeles Times about a series of mysterious deaths: All the victims had reported recurring nightmares beforehand about a man named Mr. K.; the character itself however was inspired by a childhood bully of Craven’s.
5. Per request, Bela Lugo was buried in the original costume cape of his iconic Universal Monster, Dracula.
6. Actor Michael Berryman who starred in the original 'Hills Have Eyes' was born with a staggering 12 different birth defects which accounts for his malformed head.
7. Charles Manson, Lee Harvey Oswald, and James Earl Ray are indirectly responble for the naming of the infamous "Chucky" doll whose full name in the film was Charles Lee Ray.
8. Ken Kirzinger, the actor who played Jason in Freddy vs Jason played the cook tossed into the mirror in the diner in Jason takes Manhattan.
9. Children of the Corn is technically a remake. The Stephen King Short Story made its first film appearance as a short film in King’s Nightshift Collection Volume 2, under the title, “Disciples of the Crow”.
10. At the very beginning of Friday the 13th 2, the legs and feet of Jason walking after the child that ngs 'row row row your boat' are those of a woman.
11. Kane Hodder has the word “kill” tattoo'd on the inde of his lower lip.
12. In "Halloween," Jamie Lee Curtis' entire wardrobe was purchased for roughly $100, at J.C. Penney of all places.
13. One time actor Warrington Gilette who played Jason in 'Friday the 13th Part 2' is the heir to the Gilette razor empire handed down to him by his father who inherited it from HIS father.
14. Fear of Friday the 13th is very real. In medical lingo, the technical term for this specific phobia is 'paraskevidekatriaphobia '.
15. "Alien" was initially going to be titled "Star Beast".
16. In the film "28 Days Later", the abandoned streets of London were cleared by slowing traffic with a roadblock. The scenes were then shot very quickly with a digital camera while the streets were empty for a few moments.
17. At one point in time, revered evangelist Billy Graham claimed that a real demon reded in the celluloid reels of the movie, "The Exorcist."
18. In the 2007 film, "Hostel II", the woman who bathes in virgin blood is based on mass murderer Elizabeth Bathory (called the Blood Countess of Hungary or, the Blood Queen). It was rumored that Bathory killed more than 600 peasant girls, though her guilt still remains in question to this day.
19. During the auditions for the part of Cole Sear in M. Night Shyamalan’s, "The xth Sense", actor Haley Joel Osment was the only boy to wear a tie; it is alleged that this is one of the reasons he was ultimately offered the part.
20. Laurence Fishburne's space suit in "Event Horizon" weighed 65 pounds.
21. In 1974's "The Texas Chain Saw Massacre" a real human skeleton from India was used toward the end of the movie because it actually cost less than a false plastic one.
22. Famed director Takashi Miike can be seen in a cameo role in 2005's "Hostel."; he is the bunessman who speaks to Paxton outde the warehouse.
23. Popular comedian Dana Carvey got his movie debut in 1981's "Halloween II"; a blond reporter is speaking to him in front of the Doyle house.
24. While filming, "Seson 9" actor David Caruso claims to have seen "something pass his window" inde the Danvers mental hospital where shooting was done. He was hetant to tell anyone because he didn't want people to "look at him strangely."
25. In the film "Stir of Echoes" Kevin Bacon's hypnos sequences are followed by a mucal note so that susceptible viewers are not left in a hypnotized state.
Again, feel free to share any lesser known facts of horror running the hamster wheel within your noggins: knowledge is power, and we want it!